Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps, washers and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

Need Info: Papec Feed Grinder

We have an old Papec Feed Grinder in good condition, model B27, size 13, that we need more...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3278 times

Old 04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Photo Need Info: Papec Feed Grinder

We have an old Papec Feed Grinder in good condition, model B27, size 13, that we need more information on. Has the feed shoot and feed hopper. Belt driven, everything is moveable and seems to be in working condition. Would like to know history and value. If restored would this increase or decrease the value?
Attached Thumbnails
Antiques and Inventory web 077.jpg   Antiques and Inventory web 079.jpg   Antiques and Inventory web 039.jpg   Antiques and Inventory web 064.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Need Info: Papec Feed Grinder

These grinders are usually classified under the category of "hammermill" rather than feed grinder. Papec was one of the biggest manufacturers of hammermills and you might to a google search on papec and hammermill and turn up some info. Try searching that way. I personally never got interested in them and can't offer up much info.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered-III

I looked in CH wendells book american farm implements on that machine and only came up with only there feed mixer and ensilage cutters.The write up says Papec Machine co. Shortsville Ny was well known manufacturer of feed grinders,ensilage cutters and other farm machinery .A man I use to work with pulled one of there ensilage cutters out of the woods on his land I think he gave it to someone, at the time he offered it to me but i had no were to store it ,good like with your machine .Darrin
Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered-III

Personally, I like the way it looks now. As to whether or not it would increase the value to restore it, I can't say. But if you plan to sell it-- sometimes a coat of paint will sell good. If you do paint it, I would see if I could have decals made. or take pics to get someone to letter it back to look more original.