Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New to the Smokstak forum

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 1657 times

Old 08-05-2009, 11:15:33 AM
Registered-I

Default New to the Smokstak forum

Hello,
I am new to the smokstak forum. My name is Christopher, I'm 51 years old and live in Dayton, Ohio.
I joined the forum, because my late Father left us with a three car garage, and basement, etc, full of things. Why the name Lotstosell. Much of it has been sold, however I still have a ways to go. I was looking for a place where someone might be interested in the Jaeger mixer. I listed it on the enginads site.
I am keeping the engine and want to restore it. Don't have any interest however in the mixer. It's a shame that the mixer part of it seems to be worth more as scrap metal than as an antique. No one seems interested in it.
I really like the hitnmiss engines that I have seen at the fairs. I would very much like to get the Jaeger engine restored and running, and would very much appreciate any help. Thanks, Christopher
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 01:06:33 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: New to the Smokstak forum

Christopher,

I strongly urge you to keep the mixer and mount your Jaeger engine back on it. The engine mounted on the original mixer is a rare find these days. Engines actually doing something always attract more attention than the engine just sitting there running. I wish I had more stuff to run with my engines. A cement mixer would be handy around the yard too. However, I understand that it is yours and you can do what you want with it. Have fun in the engine hobby. I know I do.

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan Anderson; 08-06-2009 at 12:47:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Anderson For This Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 03:35:55 PM

Thanked 1,746 Times in 1,158 Posts
Talking Re: New to the Smokstak forum

Maybe you two, should get together.... and make a Trade, or something.... One Hit & Miss Engine, for a complete Jeager Mixer, in restorable condition... both would get a great deal out of that kind of trade......
Old 08-05-2009, 06:34:06 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,621 Times in 799 Posts

To add to Ryan's post: Sometime in the past on this forum, a poster mentioned his mixer. He'd gotten marbles of all colors and had them tumbling around in the mixer barrel. Spectators could get an idea how cement gets mixed up in that rotating barrel.
Just an idea. I, personally, think the engine and mixer should stay together. As said though, it's yours to do as you wish.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:14:51 PM
Registered-II

I agree,definitely try to keep it together and restore it.A working machine is a lot more interesting than just the engine alone.Good luck with your project.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:01:59 AM
Registered-I

Thank you for all of the advice. I am sorry that I do not have any interest in the mixer part of the Jaeger. Like my neighbor and I where talking the other day, the mixer is really only good for mixing. (We have a new modern electric to do that with.) A man from the road dept. offered $25 yesterday for the mixer. (Brother in law, and Mother think that's a little low.) If someone wants it bring your trailer and $50 dollars, load it up and get it out of here. Sorry again I have no interest in it. If you out there have a Jaeger engine, and no mixer, here is a mixer for sale. I was only introducing myself, and asking for help about the engine. We have many more things that my Father left us with that may be of interest to you all out there.
Thanks, Christopher
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39:18 AM

Thanked 11,670 Times in 3,589 Posts

Christopher,

If you wish to sell the items, please use the Engineads sections. Your audience will be larger and advertisements are not allowed in the threads.

While I'm not a "gas" person (steam is #1), I think you might regret selling the mixer. Give yourself some time to appreciate what your Father collected. Perhaps your kids will take an interest.

Best of Luck,

Beth
Steam Moderator
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50:31 PM
Subscriber

Christopher,

I apologize for not welcoming you to Smokstak. That was very rude of me. You will find more information and helpful people here than anywhere else on the 'net.

What kind of help do you need on the Jaeger. You will find that parts for these Hercules built engines are available from many of the sponsors of the site on the sponsors page. Just ask an questions you like and sombody here will jump right in.

As for the mixer....I would give you $50 in a heartbeat, but we are too far away from each other. There are many Jaegers that are missing their mixers out there. Somebody on Smokstak will take that thing off your hands. Just be patient.

Again, I am so sorry that I didn't welcome you and let us know your progress on the engine and show us some pictures.

Ryan
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57:56 AM
Registered-I

Thank you for the welcome. My apology to all if any one was offened. I do have the mixer listed on the engine part of the site. Appreciation of some of the things that my Father left us is one thing. Going through all of the shear volume of things (with mostly my two helpers myself & I) is another thing. It has been a little overwhelming at times. There is still much to do. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again, Christopher