Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Fairbanks Morse Model "H"

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 938 times

Old 08-14-2002, 03:59 AM
Jeff Hunter

Default Fairbanks Morse Model "H"

I just became the new owner of a 6 horse model "H" and would like to talk to others who own "H" models. It seems there is a lot of info (history) available on other models like the "Y" and especialy the "Z" but I am having trouble finding resources on the "H". Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Pete Stauffer

Default Re: Fairbanks Morse Model "H"

Hi Jeff, Congrats on the 6 hp. "H". I've been a fancier of these for quite a few years and have managed to collect a set of 2, 4, & 6 hp. There is some repo literature (copy machine quality, not reprinted) including a catalog and I think Starbolt has reprinted an operators manual. Check with some of Harry's advertizers. My engines are all gasoline only, hit & miss versions, with no fuel pump. Do you have any specific questions? I'd be happy to try to answer, but it may be a while. Tommorrow will be my last day with internet access until after the Portland show. Glad you got an "H". Hope you enjoy it. Pete
Old 08-14-2002, 09:49 PM
Dick Fisher

Hi Jeff I have the complete set of "H" Fairbanks Morse engines,1hp(Jack Jr), 2hp, 4hp, 6hp All hit and miss all gasoline only. I would be willing to help you in any way. I won't be on line till after the Portland show. The "H" series of engines were meant to be workhorses. No pin stripes or other fancy goo gaas, just good tough engines. They were replaced by the type "Z" in 1916. You have a very fine show engine. They run real nice and sloooow.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Eric McKenna

Hi Dick, Yep, I got a 6 hp "h" also,NICE LOOKING ENGINE....and those big flywheels should let you get the rpm down real good!! This is how mine looked when I picked it up in NH