Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters

Gilson Garden Tractor

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4585 times

Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Question Gilson Garden Tractor

I just purchaced a Gilson Twin 18 Garden Tractor model # 53054 49011 serial # 700801 568. Does anyone have any idea of what year this was made and can I purchace a parts list and operators manual. I also own a Gilson Gear 11 Lawn Tractor. I don't have the model or serial number for that handy but is there a vendor or person wishes to sell parts and decals for the Gilson Tractor line? My wife wishes to restore them so that means new decals after new paint or pictures of decals from which I can have made up. Thanks, Frank. take out the # sign and replace it with a @ sign in my email address. mrwoodboat#wi.rr.com
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Gilson Garden Tractor

I have had luck calling the customer service number for TORO.Although Lawnboy actually owns the rights to Gilson and the spares business now. Toro seemed to have the cross reference list for parts.
MrPhunn
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Registered-I

Anyone know the differences of the models? I have a 53074, how would it differ from a 53054? Mine is an 18 HP twin vert shaft Briggs hydrostatic made sometime in the 80's.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered

Hey John,

I actually acquired something very similar to you. Mine is an 18 HP twin Wizard GT, built by Gilson. I'm also told that these tractors are clones of Ford YT-16's, which, if Googled, seem to have a lot of information floating around about them. Mine is a hydro; it's a gear tranny, but I'm guessing they can't be too different....

Mine has an engine code from 1982. Take a look at the pictures in this thread and see if it looks similar to yours:

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68060
Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Correction:

Mine is NOT a hydro and IS a gear tranny....

That's better.