Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New to forum - New Salisbury, Indiana

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1192 times

Old 09-28-2009, 10:07:42 PM
Registered

Default New to forum - New Salisbury, Indiana

I haven't collected engines for serveral years now, wanting to get back into it. I miss going to shows, restoring engines, and some of the best people you ever want to meet. Anyway I just bought a Bean 6HP orchard engine, the engine is complete minus the EK,seems like a pretty complex engine for it's time. Can't find much info on this engine. Was wondering if you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. This is going to be my winter project AFTER deer season! Thanks, Great Forum!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 02:49:03 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,052 Times in 733 Posts
Default Re: New to forum

Do you have the complete out fit or just the engine. I have two of the spray units 1 complete unit powered by a 2hp witte and just the pump and engine (also 6hp) the fuel system seems to be a bit complexe with these engines. Some information is available but seems to be a bit scarce with the amount produced and the year the actual engine was built. nice find for only missing the mag. Ive been working on mine for bout 2 years. it was in rough shape when i got it and the timing gear was well rusted and missing several teeth due to being rusted away.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:15:40 AM
Registered

Default Re: New to forum

Just got home from work, (nightshift). The engine I have is in really good shape, the only problem I've found so far is the tubes on the carb are rusted away and the (I guess you would call it) rocker arm is twisted a little, maybe an exhaust backfire? What is the thermocouple looking thing thats runs down the exhaust tube. The serial # is 6607.