Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Cushman Cub

this thread has 23 replies and has been viewed 3022 times

Old 09-29-2002, 07:18 PM
Joe A

Default Re: Cushman Cub

HI D.J.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM that sounds pretty odd. I knew that all the cushman cub 4hp engines had the extended water hopper for more water storage to compensate for boiling. But I am un aware that cushman ever made a 5hp engine. Are you sure the tag says 5hp? If it is truly a 5hp I'd like to know the differences between it and the 4HP Now about starting them. What I meant is if you try to spin the flywheels by hand is when you can pinch your thumb. With my disibility I can not use the crank. I only had a clearence problem on the 2hp. The flywheels on my 3HP were large enough for my thumb to clear.

Not trying to say that you don't know whay your talking about,just trying to help get it sorted out.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Paul Hokanson

I have a 4HP Farm Master, Cushman Cub sold by Sears. It has the extended hopper, and it had some original paint on it when I got it and it was RED. I also bought this from the original Owner and got a Manual with it that he had and they only list 2-3 -&4HP. Also the engine tag on mine appears to made out of lead as it is soft and flexable and is held on by 4 brass nails. I have never seen any ads for parts or anything else over 4hp for cushman cubs. Cheers Paul
Old 09-30-2002, 01:24 PM
D.J. Baisch

If I can wiggle myself into the spot where the engine is stored, I will snap a picture of the tag and the engine as best I can. d.j.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Bob Brown

I have a 4 h.p. cushman cub bean special. It was on a bean spraying outfit. It has the extended hopper and the mixer is brass. It also had an air cleaner on it. I mounted a big window fan to it and on the hot calm days, I have an air conditioner that don't work to bad. It is even more interesting to turn the fan to the crowd and watch their reaction when the wind hits them. Bob Brown