Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Young hobbist from Joplin, Missouri

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1320 times

Old 12-23-2009, 10:27:45 PM
Registered-I

Default Young hobbist from Joplin, Missouri

Hello Everyone! I am kinda new at this stuff and not endowed with old man wisdom( im only 20) and was hoping to find answers to my questions about this amazing hobby. I have a few projects all in some stage of rebirth. I have a cushman 2 piece block, Waukesha ICK WW2 powerplant (my baby lol) a monitor and a maytag 72D. I was hoping to use this website to get any info I might run across needing or to help others (although doubtful). I wish I would have got into this hobby way earlier than i have. i started rebuilding tractors when i was 16 and have accepted anything old ever since. Hope to meet some great people!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31:57 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,176 Times in 2,454 Posts
Default Re: Young hobbist from Joplin,Mo

Tinker:

Welcome, youngun', to Smokstak. Us old Geezers will try to keep you confused if not enlightened.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand
Old 12-23-2009, 11:10:29 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 5,648 Times in 2,087 Posts
Smile Re: Young hobbist from Joplin,Mo

Hey there, man! I've been an old iron hound since I was six (am 34 right now) and can tell you that you're in a great hobby, and this site here is full of folks willing to spare wisdom and encouragement to anyone who is willing to listen.

Do you know Jim Tullis and his family? They're pretty close to Joplin, and great folks. Jim sold me some parts for my OilPull project, and his son Charlie brought my 18-36 Hart-Parr home for me from Nebraska early part of this year.

Welcome aboard!
Mike M
Old 12-24-2009, 10:26:42 PM
Email Not Working

Default Re: Young hobbist from Joplin,Mo

Im only about 40 miles south of you on hwy 71 and will be glad to help you out in any way. We need lots more like you in this great hobby. There are lots of shows and exhibiters within a 100 mile radius. Ed malcom the le roi man jane missouri
Old 12-25-2009, 10:55:27 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 9,095 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Re: Young hobbist from Joplin, Missouri

Tinker, There is a lot of help on this site.. and some of it actually works!!!!

Other than that it would also help if you went to Lambert's and threw us a roll... On another note WELCOME to the Stak and enjoy. Fred

Engine movies can be seen at: pileofiron