Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Prairie Grove, Arkansas, USA

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1300 times

Old 01-16-2010, 11:02:39 AM
Registered-I

Smile Hello from Prairie Grove, Arkansas, USA

Hello Everyone,

I created an account here some time ago but finally am getting around to diggin' into the forums. What brought me here is my 1966 Dodge Travco Motorhome with a Kohler generator 6.5kw 120/240 6.5C61 4cyl flathead (L600). I absolutely LOVE this thing! What is it about this iron that is so awesome that becomes even more so as they age? Is it a longing for days gone by? Simple sturdy designs? Maybe.

Last year about this time NW Arkansas was hit by an ice storm that left most homes without power for days and some for over a month. We were "lucky" to only be without the grid for 8 days. I had prepared by making a special connection to the Kohler in the Travco to provide 120/240 power to the house. One of the things I liked best about the unit is the 35 gallon fuel tank that would allow it to run for over two days w/o refilling. The only hiccup was when the 40+ year old belt broke! The unit has only 799 hours on it even running non-stop those 8 days, so it is still "young" especially for a '66.

My brother and I are getting a 1965 Dodge Travco soon with another Kohler flat-head genny, not sure what size yet. I also have an interest in Lister diesels, but have yet to get a good deal present itself!

Glad find such an awesome site!
Rob Shertzer
Kohler 6.5C61
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 07:42:40 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Hello from Prairie Grove, Arkansas, USA

Welcome,

I haven't been on here long but I really like the forums. I'm sure you will too. Dodges are my thing. Sounds like your Dodge is trusty machine and came through for you in a pinch.

Arkansas is a great place. Plenty to do and see in that state. Watch out for those razor back hogs. I have seen a few in the campground areas before.

Dodge Girl,
Candy T.