Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

Bill Sheafer 2 cyl ONAN wiring diagram

Hi Bill thanks for guiding me to the right spot I hope this is the right spot. this is all the...

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1099 times

Old 01-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered-I

Question Bill Sheafer 2 cyl ONAN wiring diagram

Hi Bill thanks for guiding me to the right spot I hope this is the right spot. this is all the info that I have on my gen MODEL + SPEC # 10.CCKB-4R/13E == S.N. L750 990981 == VOLTS 120-208 == 3 phase == (PF 1.0 dont know what that is ) == AMPS 27.8 == HERTZ 60 == rpm 3600 12 volt can the wiring be changed in these generators to change voltage output . I will give you the transfer switch numbers now also the tag is ONAN so I presume these are Onan numbers, MODEL LTEU30-4/10185E == S.N. LF5099376 120-208 VOLT == 3 phase 4 wire == 30 AMP ==60 hz. == MOTOR LR AMPS 180 . The wires have been cut off inside the transfer switch ( A clean job of cutting there is a little wire left to go buy color code) I will warm my camera up and get some pics of both gen and switch and put them in another list. I bought this machine just because it interests me so if things don't work it dosen't matter but what I would like to do is operate this machine as a back up for my dining room steak house, a walk in cooler and a few fridges etc heat in winter ac in summer just to keep the important things going . I haven, checked for current draw, at this point it dosen't matter I just want to know if it can be done. I know that it is 3 phase as opposed to 1 phase (the dining room) but if the switch will switch over I'm thinking that I should be able to pull 220 off two wires 110 off one wire and have what I need . I have an old 3 phase delco gen 20 kw. and I feed my polyurethane foam machine 3 phase 220 volt and then draw off 110 single phase 1 wire and grd. to run lights compressor etc. the machine does it with ease thats the old 2-71 and 20 kw. 3 phase that i mentioned in another forum . I know that most guys will tell me that I cant do it but I know the supply is there I just dont know if the switch will work on the 1 phase to notice power failure to the switch. Is there not a way to loop the the single phase to simulate 3 or maybe does it only use one line to operate that part of the switch I promise I will get some pictures up asap of gen and (switch box which also has a disconnect on the side.) there is a wiring diagram on the inside of box but you can't really read all of it. Going to get more info. I also have a really cool 32 volt gen with a 2 stroke BRIGS on it from the 40's or 50's it was used to charge aircraft batteries in remote areas when the old planes would not start in the cold it produces something like 80 amps has 2 handles to carry it (2 man job )but that is for another day and another forum I think some of the guys will find it interesting it also starts off its own windings. : Gerald m

transfer box
Attached Thumbnails
gen 1 018.jpg   gen 1 011.jpg   gen 1 005.jpg   gen 1 007.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,233 Times in 3,918 Posts
Default Re: Bill Sheafer 2 cyl ONAN wiring diagram

With the 4 code. All you can get out is 120/208. I will do some checking on the switch. Been awhile since I worked on one that old. I will have your prints out today.