Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Colorado

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1648 times

Old 01-24-2010, 07:09:15 PM
Registered-II

Smile Hello from Colorado

I wanted to drop everyone a line to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Todd and I live in northern Colorado. To make a long story short, my dad passed away on 12/12/09 and I inherited a LARGE selection of antique tractors and dozers. I've always had a huge interest in old equipment, and I'm glad I found a group of folks who have the same interest.

I'm a paramedic and EMS (Emergency Medical Services) instructor by occupation, so this is a new chapter in my life. In my spare time, what exists of it, I have every intention of keeping his equipment in good working order and fixing/restoring what he never had a chance to get to.

Dad never posted pics of his tractors online, was never active in any antique tractors clubs, and kept his collection to himself. I always honored him for this, but in his memory I felt it important to show his accomplishments/collections. I've recently joined a local antique tractor club, this forum, and the ACMOC. Needless to say, now I have nothing but tractors and dozers on the brain. This stuff gets in your blood!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Caterpillarcrazy For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 07:35:20 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Hello from Colorado

We want pics. We all like to see the old dirt pushers Also welcome aboard
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Kreiner For This Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 07:45:16 PM
Registered-III

Welcome to the message boards. I'm a pretty new member myself. Fire fighter / EMT / HazMat technician in Iowa here. My uncle retired from Caterpillar and my dad was a fireman. I'm restoring the ladder truck he used to be assigned to. Are you fire-based EMS or a private company?

I second Steve's comment... pics would be great.

Be safe!

Damon
The Following User Says Thank You to L3391 For This Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23:19 PM
Registered-II

Hi Damon and Steve,

I posted a few pics of my 1928 McCormick-Deering Farmall Regulars in the Lugs, Cleats and Tracks section. I'm also working on uploading a bunch of other pics, but my wife is helping me with file compression. Should get more uploaded tonight. I have a new computer, supposedly top of the line, but it's minus good compression/image resizing software.

Damon, I'm working for a private EMS hospital-based/operated ALS ambulance agency. Good times! Call volume has been through the roof lately. Good meeting you, my friend. Steve, many pics to come soon. I'm trying to decide what comes next. I think it's my baby......my D8 Cat, serial number biginning with 2U.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53:41 PM
Registered-II

Steve,

4 pics of my D8 are now uploaded.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:45:48 PM
Registered-III

One of my summer jobs during college was operating a bulldozer at a coal transshipment company. They had two Cats, a D9 and a D10, and an old Dresser. I really enjoyed that gig, even if I was only temporary summer help.

Damon
Old 01-25-2010, 12:16:33 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,815 Times in 931 Posts

Hi caterpillarcrazy,

Welcome to stak!

Here is the past forum of Caterpillar Race link !

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69064
Old 02-15-2010, 05:43:18 AM
Registered-I

Hello caterpillarcrazy. I to am from the brother hood of Ditch Drs as we call them here in KS. I was in pre hospital as a paramedic then I decided to continue into nursing. I have just celebrated 25 years of caring for people. I really feel sorry for when I am a patient because I know what i want to expect from ambulance to hospital care. People like us do not really make good patients. Back to my goals. I was not lucky enough to inherit engines but I am also still lucky enough to have my mother and father still alive. What I have inherited was the desire to fix things. My grandpa was someone that always wanted to fix something instead of throwing it away. My dad had some of this desire but not as much. It seems I have followed my grandfathers ways. So I have started getting items that can be repaired instead of throw away items. My wife thinks it is silly to repair when you can just throw it away and buy another throw away item. She does tho still love me even if she thinks I am crazy. I live in western KS. Dodge City to be exact. I have been preaching Lister engines and still continue to look for someone close buy to hang out with. I am on a search for real listers that might have been forgotten and need someone to love them and fix them instead of eventually being ground up to make something else. So enough for now, glad to visit with you. Liz