Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Working on old well pumps

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1531 times

Old 01-31-2010, 05:26:34 PM
Registered

Default Working on old well pumps

Hello to all. I am new here but am sure I fit in. my Job these days took me toward your world. the company began in the 1880's and much of the old equipment sets around the yard for my eyes to appreciate. in some ways time has stood still here or perhaps has left me a snap shot. there are remnants of wood wheel wagons, old model t rusting away where it was parked ages ago. a ww2 military track crane likely surplus from the cb's. engines all industrial using pony motors to crank over. climax engines, old cat engines all well past their youth but what stories they had to tell. they ran durring a time this area was forming. farmers relyed on them small comunities too I imagine. there are old drill presses, machine presses, tools forged by a black smith for the jobs. old hand books. I came accross this handbook I have at my side for the Lauson 4 cycle engine model rsc-rsm. they were going to throw it away! it was published in 1941 for heaven sakes! my fellow worker who also loves the history of this place has various old hub caps from who knows where he found here. 2 were zepher caps also just about to go to scrap where now they hang proudly in his gaurage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carl the wrench For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 04:30:17 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,095 Times in 477 Posts
Default Re: Working on old well pumps

If you know of anything that will be going to scrap, don't hesitate to post it on the board. Somene down here may be able to find a home for it.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49:14 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Working on old well pumps

Carl, welcome to the Stak. And as Eric said, don't let them scrap the old iron, post it and somebody somewhere will want it.
You said they had old drillpresses, can you get pictures of them? I'm too far away to buy, but would like to see if any would match the ones we have (3 late 1800's to early 1900's) in the family.
PT