Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Rottler boring bar wanting to know where to buy

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2212 times

Old 03-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post Rottler boring bar wanting to know where to buy

Hi,

Does any one know where i can buy a rottler boring bar model 61DA6B. I want to buy one for Boing engine blocks

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered-III

Liked 155 Times in 91 Posts
Default Re: Rottler boring bar wanting to know where to buy

look up Rottler on line there still in business. Ther is a guy in NH that sell use stuff to i dont know who he is i just know hes there.
Jeff
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Subscriber

Liked 5,454 Times in 2,706 Posts

Are you commited to looking for the Rottler brand ?
Or would other brands work for you ?

Depending on how big of a hurry you're in to get one, eBay has what they call "Want It Now" ads where you can enter what you're looking for instead of what you're selling.

If someone sees your listing and has one setting in the shed that they don't use anymore, they contact you about it just the same as if you clicked on the "ask seller a question" in an auction listing.

If you opened up your search to other brands and models, you'd have better luck finding something. You may get a single offer in 6 months, or you may have 20 people contact you the first week, but beware of scammers.... check out their feedback rating in detail, ask a lot of questions, if it's close enough go look at it in person before buying, and if it's far away but the price is right, complete the transaction through eBay (like them or not) incase there are any problems.

If you don't like eBay, as quite a few people on here don't, then hopefully your asking about it on here will generate some offers for one, but again I would suggest openning up the search to more brands than just Rottler.

Without going out to the garage and uncovering it, I don't remember what brand mine is..... I bought it roughly 17-18 years ago and haven't looked at it for at least 12 years other than sliding it out of the way a couple months ago and covering it up again, but for the time being, it isn't for sale yet. Too many engines laying around that I may need it for a couple of them yet.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Subscriber

Liked 2,597 Times in 1,061 Posts

They are in business, give them a call.

http://www.rottlermfg.com/