Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hi from the most easterly point in North America

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1405 times

Old 04-30-2010, 10:37:43 AM
Registered

Default Hi from the most easterly point in North America

Hi to all
I am new to the site and looking forward chatting with a few of you experts on old engines.
I am retired and just made a deal on a nice old Gray marine engine. Haven't picked it up yet but the deal is done.
It's a Gray 4 cylinder gas engine and transmission, the owner says 33 hp but we'll see. Didn't take any numbers off it but he had all the original equipment with her and the odometer reads 165 hours that is correct 165 hours this engine is in mint condition, came out of a lifeboat so that would explain the low hours. As soon as I pick up the engine I will know more and will post the info and maybe a pic or 2 if I can figure out how to do it. My plan is to build a pleasure craft suitable for that vintage engine and use it. I was told by the owner that it was a 1964 engine and came out of a lifeboat. That's all I know for now.
All the best and smooth sailing.
Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 04:29:38 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Hi from the most easterly point in North America

Welcome aboard (no pun intended) Dave. I don't live in the most easterly point in North America (sometimes I think I do!). Joe Kelley in Hampden, ME. (almost in Downeast Maine).
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30:42 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Hi from the most easterly point in North America

gday dave from the other side of the earth and about as close too the south pole as you,d get without being on a boat. Had a mate restoring a tender to a warship an "admiralty pinace" 16 feet from memory apparently they used to race them on the thames (london) had a really nice running scammel 4 cylinder with a wicked mag that was real scary as i reckon it could throw a spark about a foot long. He did a lot of work replacing rotten ribs e.t.c plus several hours getting the engine up and going , he was given the boat from another mate of mine who also had a box of new parts , valves ,guides ,springs and collets. many happy hours spent , especially when the motor burst into life after about two r.p.ms,and run strongly but BOY fuel must have been real cheap !!!!!. anyway hope your project works out to run like this baby did ... all the best graeme