Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Another one from Saskatchewan

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1480 times

Old 07-07-2010, 04:16:46 PM
Registered

Default Another one from Saskatchewan

Hi: I'm from a small town in central or Northern Saskatchewan. Town called Nipawin. I've been a truck driver for as long as I remember, about 35 years. Engines, a couple of 9 horse Briggs, 2 3 horse Briggs, A Fairbanks Morse and my pride and joy, a military genset, 3000 watt with a flat 4 Wisconsin with 32 cubic inches and 6 to 12 horse power ( depending on who you ask). I've had a lot of help already and would like to help others but very limited knowledge. I just started collecting last fall. Dale
The Following User Says Thank You to loves small engines For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 08:57:10 PM
In Memory Of

Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Another one from Saskatchewan

The flat four on your 3000 watt military generator was made by Wisconsin BUT IT IS NOT a Wisconsin. IT IS a Military Standard Engine. You will find them made by differing manufacture, all of the parts will interchange. IT IS a Military Standard Engine as I said. The Fire Department I respond with has one. I converted it to a dual/tri fuel unit with LP as the second fuel. It starts easier on LP than gasoline. I have loaded this unit to 91% on LP and gasoline. I could not tell a nickles difference in the was the engine run. Being a 3 KW generator the engine is considered SIX HP, ONE KW is about TWO HP.

Kent
Old 07-07-2010, 09:02:57 PM
In Memory Of

Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,060 Posts

When you say 9 hp Briggs engines, are you speaking of the Model 23, 23A, 23C, or 23D engines. If you are and any of them Have the Magnematic magneto with the problem Briggs P/N 290880 coil, are you aware of the coil conversion I designed for these engine. You need to check out the small engine sub-forum for small engines and the Military Power sub-forum when looking for info on your MEP-16, your 3000 watt military generator. I hang out on both of these.

Kent
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05:41 PM
Subscriber

Welcome aboard Dale, it is good to start seeing more people from Sask. joining. That is along as it does not mean too much competition for finding new engines!

Will
Old 08-08-2010, 03:12:50 AM
Registered-II

G,day Dale,
I have a soft spot for Nipawin. Spent some time there in 1966 and have been back several times since for a visit. Did a bit of fishing north of there too. Have seen Bill Hamilton's collection, I don't know if he is still around, he had a lot of stuff.
Welcome to the hobby you will have fun.
Merv