Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from mid Missouri !

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1385 times

Old 07-30-2010, 08:27:16 PM
Registered-I

Default Hello from mid Missouri !

Been here looking around for long time. seems like a great place. I'm not very good with computers or spelling. Got to love spell check. I've seen a guy on here that sells reproduction engine carts.I need one for a 1 1/2 horse Mccormick Deering. does somebody know who? Or maybe he's watching. Glad to be a part of smokstak!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 09:52:45 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Hello from mid Missouri !

Welcome aboard, Chris. SmokStak is absolutely my favorite place to waste time on the Internet. My favorite way in, there are several, is to go to http://www.smokstak.com/ and click on "Today's Posts." That shows you what everybody has been taking about across all of the SmokStak Forums. There aren't all that many new items each day, maybe 40 to 60, but you can see what is happening in the world. It also shows you what is new since you last visited.
Central Missouri is a hotbed of engine and tractor folks. My home show is Pawnee, OK but my next favorite in Republic, Mo followed by Winfield, KS.
You ask about IHC 1 1/2 HP "M" carts. There are two pieces: the wooden skid that all "M"s were mounted on, and the optional cast iron wheels, axles and handle. All are reproduced. Tomorrow I'll send a photo of an original skid with dimensions. You can make that yourself. I'll also send a picture of a reproduced wheel kit. They are expensive, but so are originals. I'll try to find the name and contact info for a maker.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04:00 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,505 Posts

If you click on, "NEW POSTS", it'll show the posts that have been posted since you were on last.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:23:48 PM
Registered-I

Thanks to all. Sam I would appreciate the info. I was thanking about making the skids my self but would need the other parts.Boonville and Montgomery city shows are coming up at the end of august. I would like to have it done by then. Thanks again
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13:33 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,553 Times in 596 Posts

Welcome chris to the best old iron site on the web... lots of good people and good info here... i'm in north west missouri just outside st joseph if you ever get this way look me up......good luck and welcome once again....