Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Pincor engines

Anybody know anything about Pincor engines like when they were made? I've got an I&T small engine...

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2182 times

Old 01-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Brian Watson

Default Pincor engines

Anybody know anything about Pincor engines like when they were made? I've got an I&T small engine manual copyrighted in 1954 and it doesn't have Pincor in it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2003, 07:11 PM
allen lapage

Default Re: Pincor engines

I had a Pincor engine back about 57 that I took off A pincor reel type (pincor) mower. It was most likley over 10 years old then. I dont know if Pincor made the engines or just put their name on them.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Chris Kirk

Brian -

Pincor did make their own engines. I have one, an ALA. The company itself was located in Chicago. Sorry I can't help more. You might want to check the Antique Small Engine Collectors Club website, www.asecc.com.

Thanks...

Chris
Old 01-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Vernon

These engines also went by the name of Pioneer. I have 2 of them with the Pioneer name on them. One looks to have been made in early 50's, and other in early 60's. Vernon
Old 01-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Russ Hughes

I remember the Pincor power lawnmowers when I was a kid. I don't remember any other small engines that looked quite like it. That was back in the early 1950's or so. An older neighborhood kid I knew made a lot of money mowing lawns all summer using a Pincor lawnmower. They were a pretty reliable piece of machinery.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:39 AM
leonard keifer

Pincor was one of several small engine/mower companies that started up right around the end of WWII to cash in on all those new lawns in the suburbs.

They look a lot like a Briggs but the parts are not interchangable.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:22 PM
DANIEL DORECE

We had A Pincore mower in about 1950. It was O K except it didn't have A clutch and simply crashed two gears in and out. I could almost stand that noise if I filled the gear box with fuel oil instead of 30 wt. For some reason that made it shift easier. DAN
Old 01-14-2003, 05:27 PM
DANIEL DORECE

I almost forgot. I have A complete mower and two engines. One of the engines threw A rod at one time and has A large patch on the crankcase.

DAN
Old 02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Joe Gardner

If you can locate a "SS-####" number, I can try and locate a year for you. I work for DESA International which bought Pincor Generators in the Early 90's, and while we don't have every piece of literature from all Pincor's, We do have some, and I will be happy to reference what I can.

lightsanddoorbells@yahoo.com
Old 02-17-2003, 04:28 PM
KBeitz

They also made engines for Snowmobiles and mini-bikes at one time...