Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps, washers and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

CASE side delivery rake

Recently picked up this CASE side delivery hay rake at an auction to keep it from going to scrap. ...

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3554 times

Old 10-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered-III

Default CASE side delivery rake

Recently picked up this CASE side delivery hay rake at an auction to keep it from going to scrap. It works, but needs a little TLC anyway. Can anyone identify the model of this rake and/or the years it was produced? What about the original color scheme? No trace of the original paint has been found so far. I know one rear wheel is a replacement from an old binder, but it works for now. The rear height adjustment is basically gone, both the lever, linkages to the lever, and original castor shaft, so can someone with one of these intact post some close-ups of those parts?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: CASE side delivery rake

The ones I've seen before were dark green with orange. I'm not sure on the years built. They're a nice rake!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Subscriber

I think that is a No. 167 Series combination rake and tedder. It was still being made in 1933. I don't know what the colors were. I think on the later Case side delivery rakes they had yellow wheels, red and maybe some green.
There may have been a seat mounted on a bracket when using horses for pulling this piece of equipment.

Regards,

Don
Old 12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Hi, i just picked up one of these and having trouble finding paint info on tis as well. I want to restore this with the right colors, i see the gear box is green, the caster rear wheels are case orange and the wheels yellow. Any info will help me out tremendous! Thanks!!!!