Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Akron, Ohio

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1273 times

Old 11-09-2010, 07:03:27 PM
Subscriber

Default Hello from Akron, Ohio

My name is Karl Burkart. I have read a lot of stuff on the forums but have never contributed so I figured I would start by telling you a little bit about myself.

I am 33 years old and live in Akron, OH. I am married to Dionne LaRue and I have three brothers: Randy, Doug, and Dan. My parents, Bill and Georgine started taking us to the National Threshers Reunion when I was about 5 years old. My Dad has always been into steam and gas engines so it is only natural that we are all into it as well.

Between us we have about 12 engines, mostly gas. I will post some pictures at a later date. We all belong to the LaGrange Engine Club in Wellington, OH. It is a great show, you shold come out sometime if you have not already.

I have been working with Bob Schworer to get my Boiler Operators License. He has a 16hp, double simple, reverse mount Nichols Shepard engine. I have already taken the class and the test so I just need to get some hours in where ever I can to get the license.

I hope to own a Port Huron 19-65hp, Longfellow someday. I have always been interested in Ports. They seem to be built well and have a nice look about them.

So, anyways, Hello to Everyone!!!

Porty1965
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karl Burkart For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 07:37:16 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Hello from Akron, Ohio

Welcome . My name is Tom Wertz lived in Rittma 58 years, moved all the way to Orrville 10 years ago. I have 9 engines I have been to your show before. Spent 35 years at GoodYear Akron.