Wisconsin TFD rebuild using Harley parts
Picked up a 1954 TFD yesterday with service manual for (THD)- 50 bucks. It's been wet/dry after stuck w/o air cleaner on baler for 10+ years and everything is frooze, crank ( got the block loose) all 4 valves, jugs need deep rebore if usable at all the corrrosion on 1 cyl is so deep 1/8 won't clean it up.
So here's some questions:
1. Max overbore?
2. If Block is toast-is this best as parts-move to a better condition TFD?
3. If not-aftermarket Harley parts are plentiful, use same bores and close strokes-has anyone stroked one of these?
4. What is the Compression ratio on these engines, and how far can I go?
5. Any cam grinding sources available?
6. This is going on a hot rod Cadet- want it in the 25-30 hp range at as low rpm's as possible.
---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------
Okay, spell check is on my browser now. Few additions, not scared to spend money. Need to stick with common to the world parts, and the bottom end is heavy enough, anyone use this foundation to build a diesel?