Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from North Ga. mountains

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1410 times

Old 12-16-2010, 11:51:42 AM
Registered-III

Default Hello from North Ga. mountains

Retired diesel tech and Instructor. Doing what I really love now building old trucks and motorcycles. Own a motorcycle shop in Rabun Gap,Ga. where I get to work with my son and some good friends. Like the bikes but really them old trucks. Wife says I'm nuts,Sundays after lunch I get out and ride around looking for another project,never know what your going to find
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09:19 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,234 Times in 706 Posts
Default Re: Hello from North Ga. mountains

Bear,
sounds like you are having a good time....I like your area of the country. Lets see some pictures.

Casemaker
Old 12-16-2010, 12:16:24 PM
Registered-III

Okay as soon as I get my wife to show me how. I can hunt and peck around on this thing but that stuff the wife will have to do. We love it up here,kinda cold and windy rite now but wouldn't really want to live anywhere else
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48:46 PM
Registered-I

bear, im just down the road from you in thomson...30 miles w of augusta.....i think you would love to get involved with some hit and miss engines or some small engines such as maytag or briggs..... i did and im not yet retired.....lots of fun.....lots of great people
The Following User Says Thank You to bill shields For This Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01:01 PM
Registered-I

Hey Bear,
Don't say much on here mainly read and learn, but had to jump in here since we are neighbors. I live in Blue Ridge and travel thur Clayton on thursdays with my job. Where is your shop? I'll make a point to stop by when my schedule allows.
I'm into restoring old wheel horse and speedex garden tractors, I'm up to a total of nine in three years. Maybe we can meet soon.
Mark
The Following User Says Thank You to WHRNaddict For This Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15:16 PM
Registered-II

Hi Bear... Larry here in Gainesville ga, Good to have You aboard... I Too am into Engines Cars trucks and the like... Too many projects for sure... Larry KF4LKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear991 View Post
Retired diesel tech and Instructor. Doing what I really love now building old trucks and motorcycles. Own a motorcycle shop in Rabun Gap,Ga. where I get to work with my son and some good friends. Like the bikes but really them old trucks. Wife says I'm nuts,Sundays after lunch I get out and ride around looking for another project,never know what your going to find
The Following User Says Thank You to MotorCraftMan For This Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44:27 PM
Registered-III

Hey Guys thanks for welcoming me. Bill I love to listen to those old engines run, Granddads old gardening buddy had one they used to grind sugar cane to make syrup. Had a ball helping work on that thing, can't remember the make. Mark when you come into Clayton from Blueridge and hit new 441,turn left and come north thru Mountain City after you get thru MC start looking to your right and you'll see War Pony Customs that's my shop usually a couple of bikes sitting out front. Larry if you ever need any help with anything let me know, where not next door neighbors but I am rite up the road. Maybe we can get together sometime