Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from new member in Pennsylvania

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 906 times

Old 04-19-2011, 09:45:26 PM
Registered-I

Default Hello from new member in Pennsylvania

I am new to stationary engine world, but have seen quite a few in the 33 yrs I have been alive, I even know what they where used for. I have been browsing the web for the last 3 days looking for all the information I could find about the 2 1/2hp Economy XK I just got from my Pap. I have found lots of helpful information here so far. I got the engine and it was in running condition, but ran poorly. I could tell right away that the exhaust valve timing was way off, the valve didn't open until half way into the exhaust stoke. I got that taken care of, and then adjusted the spark timing to the "spark" stamp in the flywheel. I cleaned out all of the grease cups, and cleaned the blocked grease holes in the main and rod bearings. Thing runs pretty darn good now. I'm not planning on tearing the thing down and painting it up all pretty and new because I intend on using it for something, just not sure how many somethings. I need to address the slop in the mag side main bearing. The bearings look ok, so I am thinking I may need to remove some of the shims to take up the slop.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46:01 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Hello from new member in Pennsylvania

Short video of it running before any adjustments and cleaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8tBrGrq2M
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bustedmp For This Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 10:50:45 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Hello I have not been here long myself. I have gotten a lot of usefull information from the people on the stack.
Bill K
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04:58 PM
Registered-I

A short video of the McComick M my dad got from my pap also.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O2inBI47sdI?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O2inBI47sdI?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2inBI47sdI

This should work much better.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:21:58 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

looks like a 1 1/2 hp gasoline late model. I have one just like it. it is a sweet runner. Bill K
Old 04-20-2011, 12:46:34 AM
Registered-I

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.