Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Maytag Engine Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Maytag Engine Collectibles Maytag engines, washing machines, mowers and other engine driven tools for the farm.

Maytag Engine Collectibles

Maytag Points

I'm in desperate need of the professional knowledge that comes from this forum. I'm in the process...

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1430 times

Old 04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered-I

Default Maytag Points

I'm in desperate need of the professional knowledge that comes from this forum. I'm in the process of restoring a model 92. My flywheel was cracked where it fits around the crank so I purchased one off ebay. Today, I started the process of transferring everything over to the newer one. When I attempted to remove the points, several of them slipped out from underneath the screws (both sets of points). Now I'm not sure how they go back together or how many are required on each side. Oh by the way, I know, I should of used a jig but I was impatient. Come on guys, don't laugh, help a newbe out. Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Maytag Points

Here is a couple of pictures of some points on ebay right now. You should be able to see the lamination order in these. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
point.jpg   Points.jpg  

http://www.youtube.com/user/djjr4fun#p/u
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Wyatt:
Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Maytag Points

Heres an image thats a little brighter that might help. If the flywheel was broken not sure why you had to mess with the points in this fashion. Need your points properly positioned get it to me. I have the original factory points placement gage. Or catch me at a show if we get to the same ones. Maytag Mark