Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Farryman diesel

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 2906 times

Old 05-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Vernon

Default Farryman diesel

Anybody know anything about a one cylinder diesel made by a german company called Farryman? I picked up this engine and it is missing the rocker arms, push rods, valve cover, and fan shroud. Looks to be about 2-3 hp. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2003, 06:28 PM
David M. Lyon

Default Re: Farryman diesel

I have one that came out of on old wacker-packer road paving machine...It is about a five horse, Air cooled, single vertical cylinder, built in the late fifties best I can tell...Very unusual engine... It needs a rod bearing, but I was told the bearing and crankshaft are only sold as an assembly to the tune of about a thousand bucks! ...Needless to say it is sitting in the corner until I can come up with a less expensive solution...

David M.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Tom Schaech

Faryman is (was) a German manufacturer of small diesel engines. At one point, Briggs and Stratton entered into a partnership with Faryman to jointly produce and market the engines. This only lasted a few years and was not profitable. The line was sold off to another German firm.

If you're interested in more, get ahold of the textbook "The Legend of Briggs and Stratton", by Rodengon (sp?){I'm at work, can't remember}. Talks about this venture.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
David Graves

There is a Farryman diesel on ebay just now. A great many of them were used in marine application on sailboats. Search ebay under marine engine.

David Graves Nehalem, Oregon
Old 05-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Loren Erwin

Vernon,

I have a model 15A430 Farymann Diesel which I obtained five years ago and was fortunate in that it was and is in excellent running condition. With much research I was able to obtain a repair manual for this model as well as the 18 series and 29 series models. This was some 4 1/2 years ago (so hopefully the company is still in business). The company at the time was Farymann Diesel Engines PRP Inc., 870 Route 530, Whiting New Jersey 08759. Their phone number was 908-286-4994 and their fax was 908-286-4575. At the time I contacted the company they had repair parts, accessories and manuals. Hope this helps you. If you are unable to contact them I can make a copy of the repair manual (84 pages) but don't know an alternate source of parts.

Loren Erwin engines@ipa.net