Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps, washers and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

Need help - old Avery?? horse drawn cotton planter

Can anyone help me here (pics below - Can zoom if click on)? Family's had this one inside for 40...

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1979 times

Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

Default Need help - old Avery?? horse drawn cotton planter

Can anyone help me here (pics below - Can zoom if click on)? Family's had this one inside for 40 years now, I think it's old and trying to figure out how old and how rare, description, etc. Not planning to sell, ain't got a clue about it, and can't find anything on internet about it. If anybody knows anything about or where I can go to find out about, please let me know.

Paint is original and very worn. I can make out on one side what appears to be "Genuine, (top) Avery (below and can definitely make out an AVER and what appears to be Y on end). On other side has "Cotton planter" with "No" for number above that and should be number following but very faint. Got a feeling that this thing is very very old. My deceased father picked it up about 40 years ago and it has been sitting in house ever since. Does anybody have any idea??
Thanks Much.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Forgot pics

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Default Re: Need help - old Avery?? horse drawn cotton planter

Found answer out to my own question by coming across orginal ads for this thing in 2012. It's Genuine Avery chain drive cotton planter between 1905 and 1912. Sold for between $4 and $5.
The Following User Says Thank You to RBD: