Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hall Scott owner checking in.

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1307 times

Old 09-11-2011, 08:04:29 PM
Registered

Default Hall Scott owner checking in.

Hey guys, the name is Jon, and I just acquired a Hall Scott 1091ci I6.

Now a little background about myself.

I am 22 years old, and have been fascinated with engines and just about anything mechanical as long as I can remember. I am from Northeast South Dakota, and am from a farming family/background. I currently work as a diesel mechanic and a construction machinery dealership/shop. I have many hobbies including hunting, fishing, old cars and trucks, off roading, and anything with power. I drive a 2005 dodge 2500 with a cummins.

Now on to the Hall Scott.

I recently bought a house from the co-auther of the book, "Hall-Scott: The Untold Story of a Great American Engine Maker", Ric Dias. Ric knew I was a gear head, and asked me if I would like the large engine sitting behind his garage. Me, as the gear head that I am, said of course. The engine has been rebuilt with new bearings a few years ago, but could stand a little TLC.
I plan on tearing it down and double checking everything, take a close look at the bearings, and put new assembly lube in. I was told the engine came from a firetruck, and I plan finding a old needle-nose peterbilt or kenworth to put it in.

I took pictures of the engine today and some of the parts that came with it, however my camera's battery died and I dont have the charger with me. I will post pictures as soon as i charge the battery.

I hope to contribute as much information and help to anyone on this site that askes, and hope to learn a thing or two along the way.

Thanks, rusted
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40:40 PM
Subscriber

Talking Re: Hall Scott owner checking in.

Welcome to the Stak. Lots of info here and many members to correspond with.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34:43 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts
Default Re: Hall Scott owner checking in.

Hi rusted welcome to the staki. Bill K
Old 09-12-2011, 09:54:31 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,176 Times in 2,454 Posts

Hello Rustedcutlery and welcome to Smokstak!

I can tell from your handle that you're a pretty sharp guy!

But don't mind me ..... Nobody else does.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand
Old 11-23-2011, 09:51:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedcutlery View Post
Hey guys, the name is Jon, and I just acquired a Hall Scott 1091ci I6.

Now a little background about myself.

I am 22 years old, and have been fascinated with engines and just about anything mechanical as long as I can remember. I am from Northeast South Dakota, and am from a farming family/background. I currently work as a diesel mechanic and a construction machinery dealership/shop. I have many hobbies including hunting, fishing, old cars and trucks, off roading, and anything with power. I drive a 2005 dodge 2500 with a cummins.

Now on to the Hall Scott.

I recently bought a house from the co-auther of the book, "Hall-Scott: The Untold Story of a Great American Engine Maker", Ric Dias. Ric knew I was a gear head, and asked me if I would like the large engine sitting behind his garage. Me, as the gear head that I am, said of course. The engine has been rebuilt with new bearings a few years ago, but could stand a little TLC.
I plan on tearing it down and double checking everything, take a close look at the bearings, and put new assembly lube in. I was told the engine came from a firetruck, and I plan finding a old needle-nose peterbilt or kenworth to put it in.

I took pictures of the engine today and some of the parts that came with it, however my camera's battery died and I dont have the charger with me. I will post pictures as soon as i charge the battery.

I hope to contribute as much information and help to anyone on this site that askes, and hope to learn a thing or two along the way.

Thanks, rusted
Hi Jon Check in with the Crown Coach and Firecoach folks. Crown, was based in Los Angeles and was a very large customer of Hall-Scott for many years. I have a 1949 Crown that was originally a school bus from Filmore Unified School District. The bus has had 2 Hall-Scott 504's and now has a 220 cummins. The Hall-Scott's were great motors.