Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New member! Hello to all

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1188 times

Old 09-13-2011, 08:54:18 AM
Registered-I

Smile New member! Hello to all

Hello, thanks to a couple of guys that contacted me on craigslist to let me know about this site. I was on there seeking info on a Onan 5.0 RV GenSet generator. I had a buddy with a Winnebago style camper that's been abandoned in the woods on his property that's starting to cave in. He said it worked at one time about 10 years ago. That's the last time he used it. I asked him about it and I told him if I could get it to working I would give him 100 dollars. He agreed. I want to know if this is a good deal?, and can you get alot of life out of these aluminum case models? I've heard the cast iron ones are the best but I just don't want to spend alot of money on it if they don't last that long. Another thing would be needing info on the service manual for this model (especially the schematic on it). I can't believe that Onan wouldn't offer this for these old models online without having to buy a manual. My model info is
Onan model#5.OBGA-3CR/16004C
Serial#H800519370
Any info would be much appreciated. I love the looks of the unit, just concerned if it worth messing with. Thanks again. Michael Flowers
Sponsored Links