Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters

Boring a Kohler K-532

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1486 times

Old 10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Default Boring a Kohler K-532

I recently came into possession of a Kohler K-532, and a good pair of pistons from a K-582. Since I'm one who thinks too much is never enough, I'd like to bore said engine to use said pistons.

I've heard it can be done, but would like to know for sure the K-532 can take the .135" overbore and still be a reliable engine. Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge of this modification?

If so, the snow is gonna FLY! As in, out the snowblower.

Thanks in advance, Dale

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Darn it, wish there was an edit button.

The pistons from the K-582 are .010" over, hence the .135 overbore.

Dale
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Boring a Kohler K-532

as far as i know the pistons will fit. ive done this before and so far the engine is still running strong. i also have a second k582s that im trying to find a con rod, pison and head gasket for any idea? these parts are so dang hard to find. i think ill wind up looking for interchangible parts tho
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Default Re: Boring a Kohler K-532

Thanks, that's what I've always heard, but wanted to know for sure.

I got lucky with my pistons and rods, they were on ebay and no one else saw them. Just about any of the websites which have Kohler parts lists the rods and pistons as still available. Ditto for the head gasket. They are pricey, be ready for sticker shock. Pistons or rods go for just over $100 each, head gasket about $8.