Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Antique Autos and Trucks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Autos and Trucks All about finding and fixing old car or truck engines and vintage vehicles.

Antique Autos and Trucks

Need info on solid rubber tire repair

Had a local guy stop at the shop the other day. He has a Mack AB with solid rubber on it. He lost...

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2516 times

Old 12-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,697 Times in 618 Posts
Default Need info on solid rubber tire repair

Had a local guy stop at the shop the other day. He has a Mack AB with solid rubber on it. He lost one tire going through a parade this summer. He is not having much luck finding a shop locally that can put it back on. Does anyone know of a shop that repairs such items. I contacted an ag tire service place that repairs track type tractors and they wern't comfortable working on older truck tires. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Brian
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,467 Times in 862 Posts
Default Re: Need info on solid rubber tire repair

A local guy did an old White truck with the hard rubber vulcanized onto cast rims. I think he got the wheels done in Kansas, and they look brand new.
Sorry I don't have more info, but there are places out there. Maybe google, "antique hard rubber tire replacement" and see what comes up? Kevin

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I googled "hard rubber tire vulcanizing" and came up with just one hit. www.copemfg.com
I googled "hard rubber tire replacement" and found a thread on the Model T forum where some guy said Coker Tire did his for him.
I'm sure there are others if you hunt around a little with various search words on google. Kevin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin O. Pulver:
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Need info on solid rubber tire repair

ck with a tire shop that does a lot of fork lilt tires alot of the tires are vulcanize on steel band ad are pressed on the hub.and the scrap iron business use solid rubber tire
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony Rye: