Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Sattley newbie from Salem Michigan

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 954 times

Old 12-21-2011, 11:54:56 AM
Registered-I

Default Sattley newbie from Salem Michigan

Hello all,

I have been reading the forums here for some time and finally decided that I really should join.

I am a 31year old Harley Davidson salesman with a huge addiction to anything that is mechanical. In addition to my Sattley I have several old outboard motors, a couple of old Wheelhorse tractors, a couple military Jeeps, a Model A Ford, and five Harleys of various vintages.

I purchased my Sattley when i was about 14 years old and had it up and running pretty well when I put it in the back of my mom's garage about 15 years ago. I dug it out of her garage and brought it home last week. I am having some difficulties with it and will be posting my questions in the apropriate segment of the forums.

I am also extremely intrigued by the models of Henry Ford's first engine that I have seen on here and would really like to build one in the near future! I have spoken to the gentleman that offers the plans and he says that it needs a lot of machine work to be done. I am by no means a machinist but would really like to learn, anyone in the southeast michigan area interested in helping with building one?

Thanks
Justin
Attached Thumbnails
2011-12-21_09-22-37_964.jpg   2011-12-21_09-24-50_463.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 02:25:07 PM
Email NOT Working

Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,016 Posts
Default Re: Sattley newbie from Salem MI

Hey Justin,
When you mentioned driver's license on your other thread, I figured you must be about 16. But I'm sure you will be able to post a couple pictures for us.
If you can't, get some help. I have my wife help me with mine, or sometimes my 14 year old daughter. I look forward to seeing it.
Kevin

(Edit: photos posted -- Harry)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin O. Pulver For This Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 03:41:40 PM
Subscriber

Hey Neighbor.....Sattleys are pretty bullet proof...usually simple easy to fix items.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Weber For This Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 04:46:18 PM
Registered-I

thanks guys! Ron, where in south lyon? im just on the Salem South Lyon border