Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines Briggs & Stratton, Clinton, Lauson, Maytag, Nelson, Wisconsin and other small air cooled engines.

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines

Air cooled engine fuel pressure?

What is the fuel pressure for a small engine that uses a mechanical fuel pump? 14 hp Wisconsin is...

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1613 times

Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered-III

Default Air cooled engine fuel pressure?

What is the fuel pressure for a small engine that uses a mechanical fuel pump? 14 hp Wisconsin is what I am working on. I want to put on an electric Facet cube pump. They make them in varying fuel pressures.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,408 Posts
Exclamation Re: Air cooled engine fuel pressure?

1 to 2, PSI, 3 tops. It doesn't take much to overide the float on a small engine. If you get a fuel pump that puts out too much pressure, several manufacturers make fuel pressure regulaters for various uses.
Andrew
Old 12-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Air cooled engine fuel pressure?

Thanks Andrew. I was thinking under 3psi but wanted a second opinion.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Subscriber

Kohler makes an electric fuel pump kit for their engines. It's part # 25-559-01-S. When you open the genuine Kohler box, you will find a genuine Facet pump, part #40177. It's .5 to 2 psi. I have put them on all manner of small engines, including Kohler, Briggs, and Kawasaki.

I no longer order them from Kohler, however. I don't feel the need to pay someone to put that facet pump, still in its box, inside a Kohler box. Cheaper to get them direct.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprkplug View Post
Kohler makes an electric fuel pump kit for their engines. It's part # 25-559-01-S. When you open the genuine Kohler box, you will find a genuine Facet pump, part #40177. It's .5 to 2 psi. I have put them on all manner of small engines, including Kohler, Briggs, and Kawasaki.

I no longer order them from Kohler, however. I don't feel the need to pay someone to put that facet pump, still in its box, inside a Kohler box. Cheaper to get them direct.
Thanks... If all else fails then Kohler will do. My NAPA store is working with me to try to get a Facet pump direct from the mfgr.
Although the STOCK mechanical pump is weak, I checked the fuel pressure while the engine was running and it ran .5 to 1 psi. Thanks for the help guys!