Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

Am I the only one...

this thread has 31 replies and has been viewed 1471 times

Old 11-20-2017, 01:45:00 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 6,061 Times in 4,410 Posts
Default Re: Am I the only one...

I have my NHM "temporarily" up on a cement block table and chained to a tree. Till I figure out more permant weather protection I figured on putting a 4x8 ft peice of plywood and cement block over it while running. Maybe shorter peices leaning on sides to protect from rain spray. Nice that NHM has a flat top cover.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 07:10:04 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power View Post
Around here, they would not remove gen, would take truck.
I've never had anything stolen from my shop which is quite exposed and I've left several small items out of doors when probably should not have.

That being said there has been more than one thief in the local area come down with an acute case of lead poisoning. My neighbor swears a thief to him looks just like a deer during rifle season of which he's an avid hunter.

He's a pretty good neighbor really. Doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. He doesn't mind my trucks or generators, and I don't mind his guns no matter how many dozens of rounds are let loose with a single squeeze of a trigger. He keeps an eye on the place when I'm not there.

Come to think of it I did annoy him once but really wasn't my fault due to wind change. I was putting into practice my "environmental conscienceness", getting rid of a dozen or so used tires which were worn out through a "controlled burn". Was really going great till the wind direction changed and he was BBQing some kind of recent kill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post: