Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Motors General Discussion > Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets MEP Mobile Electric Power, APU Auxiliary Power Unit and other military surplus generators.

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets

GE 45KW Generator


this thread has 26 replies and has been viewed 2085 times

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:03:26 PM
25Eagle34 25Eagle34 is offline
Registered-II
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn, CA. in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills on the way to Reno
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

If you can get me a TM number, I will search my inventory by sight as lost my listing of gen set manuals!
Don
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:16:26 PM
Shade Shade is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kankakee, Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Eagle34 View Post
If you can get me a TM number, I will search my inventory by sight as lost my listing of gen set manuals!
Don
Unfortunately, I cannot even find a TM number, outside of TM 6115...
and I know that is not anything to go on. I have no additional information.
These manuals are harder to find than unobtanium...

Thanks,

So far the FSN and Model number are that have had any hits on information
but most of it ends in people in my same boat. I even call Sun Electric now
Snap-On, nobody there has any information. I think everything prior to
Snap-On buying Sun Electric in '91 was purged.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50:30 PM
25Eagle34 25Eagle34 is offline
Registered-II
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn, CA. in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills on the way to Reno
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot even find a TM number, outside of TM 6115...
and I know that is not anything to go on. I have no additional information.
These manuals are harder to find than unobtanium...

Thanks,

So far the FSN and Model number are that have had any hits on information
but most of it ends in people in my same boat. I even call Sun Electric now
Snap-On, nobody there has any information. I think everything prior to
Snap-On buying Sun Electric in '91 was purged.
Was this gen set for the Army, Airforce, Navy or all of them . Find an Army Supply Base and they might be able to help you. I went through my gen set manuals and nothing.
Good luck!
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot even find a TM number, outside of TM 6115...
and I know that is not anything to go on. I have no additional information.
These manuals are harder to find than unobtanium...

Thanks,

So far the FSN and Model number are that have had any hits on information
but most of it ends in people in my same boat. I even call Sun Electric now
Snap-On, nobody there has any information. I think everything prior to
Snap-On buying Sun Electric in '91 was purged.
Make a web search for these two:
1. Where can you find older military technical manuals?
2. Where can you find older military generator Set Technical Manuals?
3. Look for Field Manual FM 21-6 as it lists all the military publications.

I did a quick search of 1 & 2 and there were several listings.
Good luck,
Don
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-15-2017, 11:00:07 PM
Shade Shade is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kankakee, Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Eagle34 View Post
Was this gen set for the Army, Airforce, Navy or all of them . Find an Army Supply Base and they might be able to help you. I went through my gen set manuals and nothing.
Good luck!
Don


Make a web search for these two:
1. Where can you find older military technical manuals?
2. Where can you find older military generator Set Technical Manuals?
3. Look for Field Manual FM 21-6 as it lists all the military publications.

I did a quick search of 1 & 2 and there were several listings.
Good luck,
Don
Thanks for the leads.

It was a USMC unit not Army or AF.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Post:
  #25  
Old 04-17-2017, 10:17:41 AM
25Eagle34 25Eagle34 is offline
Registered-II
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn, CA. in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills on the way to Reno
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Thanks for the leads.

It was a USMC unit not Army or AF.
Try the Marine CORPS Logistics Base, Barstow, CA, at: 760-517-6061. You will get the extension run around but try for the generator report section and they may be able to help you. Be sure you have all the gen set information

Several years ago, I needed a set of manual for my Marine Case 1150 Loader. They had a spare set of manuals free. They were very nice and cooperative.

The other source is the US National Achives but that is a very long and expensive process.

Good luck,

Don A
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 25Eagle34 For This Post:
  #26  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:27:39 PM
25Eagle34 25Eagle34 is offline
Registered-II
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn, CA. in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills on the way to Reno
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: GE 45KW generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Eagle34 View Post
Try the Marine CORPS Logistics Base, Barstow, CA, at: 760-517-6061. You will get the extension run around but try for the generator report section and they may be able to help you. Be sure you have all the gen set information

Several years ago, I needed a set of manual for my Marine Case 1150 Loader. They had a spare set of manuals free. They were very nice and cooperative.

The other source is the US National Achives but that is a very long and expensive process.

Good luck,

Don A
Ron,

I have a microfilm listing of all the military generator sets by national Stock Number and TM number and nothing listed for your gen set. Sun must have just a few of that set.
Sorry and hope you find a TM in your search.
Don A
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 25Eagle34 For This Post:
  #27  
Old 04-24-2017, 09:38:07 PM
Shade Shade is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kankakee, Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: GE 45KW Generator

Don, thanks a lot!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

F o r u m Jump

Similar Threads Chosen at Random
Thread Thread Starter F o r u m Replies Last Post
45kW Pincor Generator - Ford 300 propane / natural gas kww1184 Multi-Cylinder Stationary Engines and Power Units 56 05-12-2014 10:02:16 PM
pu703/g 45kw generator gtochuck Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets 12 01-06-2014 07:45:48 PM
Need manual 45kw poinciana Onan Generators 10 11-18-2010 11:16:06 AM
Need help with PU-710G/711-g, 45kw gen set Lvillemedic Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets 6 11-05-2010 06:49:30 PM
Need help with old(er) 45KW Delco gen set Bob Greene Generators & Motors General Discussion 3 03-27-2006 01:23:41 PM


Use "Ctrl" mouse wheel to change screen size.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34:45 PM.

Smokstak and Enginads site search!


All use is subject to our TERMS OF SERVICE
SMOKSTAK® is a Registered Trade Mark - A Community of Antique Engine Enthusiasts
Copyright © 2000 - 2016 by Harry Matthews P.O. Box 5612 - Sarasota, FL 34277