Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets MEP Mobile Electric Power, APU Auxiliary Power Unit and other military surplus generators.

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets

Government Liquidation Oklahoma City Problems

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1002 times

Old 01-26-2017, 09:07:25 PM
Registered-II

Default Government Liquidation Oklahoma City Problems

Bought a MEP802A from Gov Liq, Oklahoma City facility.

Called my local freight coordinator, and he came back with a quote of $475.00 for transport to Idaho. I emailed the paper work to him to send along to the freight company. 30 min later I get a call and my freight guy tells me they will not pick up from Gov Liq. He said he would try another trucker, but there would be a $78.00 increase in the quote. An hour later he called and said they would not pick up either.

I called the freight company and had a long discussion with the dispatcher who told me that their trucks go to gov liq, with all the paper work and end up sitting for 2-3 hours while the freight is found, paper work is approved and getting the item loaded. This evidently is not a new thing going back several months.

I have been dealing with Gov Liq for years, and have never had a problem, but i have never bid on a OK city item.
I asked my freight guy what the next alternative was and he said Fed Ex at $275.00 additional.

I called Gov Liq head office, and was told by a service rep that he was not aware of a problem and when i stated that i had talked to two freight companies, he replied he couldn't help me. He offered to notify some one farther up the food chain to call me, but he couldn't guarantee they would.

So now i was sitting there contemplating driving to Okc to pick it up. 3000 mi round trip.
I happened to google looking for someone to help me out.
I was reading a post that was full on comparable stories and one person mentioned a business in Okc that would go and pickup your item, and get it shipped, and also could quote freight rates.
I called them out of desperation, and basically what i was told was that the lack of service, and don't give a damn attitude, at Gov Liq is the reason they are in business.

I asked them see what they could do, and faxed them my paper work. I received a call at 9am today and was told they will pick it up next Tuesday, and i could either find a trucking co or they would quote me a price. I said go for it and ended up of a total price which includes a $75.00 pick up fee, of $475.00,which was less than the quotes i received.
As of now i have not received any correspondence or e mail from Gov Liq. Surprised?

I am publishing the site info re Gov Liq, and included is the business in Okc that solved my problem. I will let you make up your own minds, and hopefully stack members will share their experiences with Okc.

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...n-c154765.html

Rick
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2017, 03:22:20 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Gov liq oklahoma city problems

Update>>>>>>>>>>>
had a call from someone at gov liq, that said he would look into it and get back. That was two weeks ago, no word.
In the mean time thanks to okc auction services i received my unit, on a pallet saran wrapped, and in great shape.
I will bid again at gov liq at this location, and definitely use okc auctions to handle pickup and schedule delivery.
Gov liq has really dropped the ball as far as i am concerned, and I question in this case how they justify their 12% handling fee.
R
Old 02-18-2017, 05:00:26 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,528 Posts
Default Re: Gov Liq Oklahoma City Problems

Is that actually at the military base? We used to spend hours trying to get loaded at the bases, you could find forklift operators everywhere, but they always had excuses, "its not my area", "I'm on break", "we are busy playing cards", the only ones without excuses were asleep
Old 02-20-2017, 04:51:22 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Gov Liq Oklahoma City Problems

Right on that is on the base, and you have experienced it first hand as to what was and is going on.
As the old saying goes GREAT STUFF, LOUSY SERVICE, AND THEY DONT SEEM TO GIVE A DAMN, AT LEAST NOT ENOUGH TO CALL BACK AND TRY AND MITIGATE THE PROBLEM.
R
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard L For This Post: