Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

10KW Onan HDACC question

this thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 1681 times

Old 06-07-2013, 10:10:21 PM
Registered

Default 10KW Onan HDACC question

I have a HDACC spec C 10KW Onan in my motorhome with 1150 hrs. It seems to be a bit louder than it should be. I crawled under it this afternoon and it seems that all of the foam insulation that stuffs up on the right side (muffler end) of the generator is gone. Is this something that can be ordered from Onan?? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33:52 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,446 Times in 773 Posts
Default Re: 10KW Onan HDACC question

Hello JBM,

I going to guess you have a typo, and possibly have a HDCAC 10KW generator, as I don't show a HDACC listed.

Also, look at the attached drawing, and let me know the item number of the piece the insulation is attached to. They are available. The piece that goes on item 3 was $16.50.

Item 2 list three different pieces, they're all listed as "obsolete", except for the -6121.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDCAC Panel Pieces.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	166958   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDCAC Panel Insulation Item 2.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	166959  
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02:23 AM
Registered

It wasnt a typo. Here is the label.

What I am looking for looks like its possibly number 12 in your drawing.

Wow do I need some coffee this morning!!! Lol. It was a typo!! Maybe I should go back to bed.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:11:21 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,636 Times in 1,037 Posts

Perfect example of why I no longer respond to folks who don't post a COMPLETE Model/Spec/Serial Number.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56:53 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Perfect example of why I no longer respond to folks who don't post a COMPLETE Model/Spec/Serial Number.
Simple mistake buddy. Not an onan expert. If I was I wouldnt be asking wuestions. But since when you replied there was a picture with the model number and serial number are you going to share your knowledge?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51:46 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,061 Posts

easy: Don't get your panties in a bunch.
We get dozens of requests for help weekly here at the stak and many of them start with I have a xxxcxcv generator that won't run , tell me how to fix it.

Problem being is Onan made millions of gensets over the past 75 years and without a exact model, spec & serial number it is impossible for any of the resident experts to try & provide help.
All the above info allows us to know which manuals to dig up to look for the correct parts information.
I'd wager a bet that over the decades Onan has produced several thousand different manuals. for the various gensets.

Being a newbie looking for help is kind of frowned upon calling out the guru's

PS the info Eric posted is what you want.
Your genset was made in July of 2004 so many parts will be obsolete in the onan/cummins system. Doesn't mean they aren't out there you will just need to hunt for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Sparks For This Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 09:07:31 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 5,571 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Simple mistake buddy. Not an onan expert. If I was I wouldnt be asking wuestions. But since when you replied there was a picture with the model number and serial number are you going to share your knowledge?
If this was a real gathering instead of a virtual one, there would have been a chorus of slamming truck doors and a big dust cloud going off into the distance right after that comment. Advice to the OP, go get that cup of coffee, come back later and make a sincere (or at least appearing so) apology for overlooking this http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56022 which is one of the notices at the top of this forum.

More help (if needed) will then be forthcoming. The resident experts here are a sharp bunch, supplying the complete model/spec number is a small price to pay for what they know.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:09:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sparks View Post
easy: Don't get your panties in a bunch.
We get dozens of requests for help weekly here at the stak and many of them start with I have a xxxcxcv generator that won't run , tell me how to fix it.

Problem being is Onan made millions of gensets over the past 75 years and without a exact model, spec & serial number it is impossible for any of the resident experts to try & provide help.
All the above info allows us to know which manuals to dig up to look for the correct parts information.
I'd wager a bet that over the decades Onan has produced several thousand different manuals. for the various gensets.

Being a newbie looking for help is kind of frowned upon calling out the guru's

PS the info Eric posted is what you want.
Your genset was made in July of 2004 so many parts will be obsolete in the onan/cummins system. Doesn't mean they aren't out there you will just need to hunt for them.
Gotcha. Wasnt really trying to call anyone out but I made a simple mistake. What I am looking for is not insulation that on the panels I dont think...but the insulation that is stuffed underneath. Is that what im seeing in the picture as number 12?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:29:40 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,446 Times in 773 Posts

JBM,

Item 12, P/N 403-4274, Insulation, Housing, Skid Base, is available for about $60.

eric
The Following User Says Thank You to EricWood For This Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 10:34:55 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 15,331 Times in 7,204 Posts

JBM. No one is jumping on you. You at least had the information even if you had one part wrong. It is just that after years of trying to help people. You get real tired of trying to help with no information.

If you can't find what you need from Onan. Try companies that deal in heat shields and sound shields.