Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Honda EU7000 Starting Problem

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 1312 times

Old 03-14-2018, 02:50:40 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Honda EU7000 Starting Problem

very very true, I have brought the eu7000 to 2 different very reputable dealers for repair and I could feel their aggravation when I mentioned the eu7000. I was told that the techs end up spending hours on the phone with Honda in order for them to verify that is truly is a GCU problem. they say that Honda needs to walk them through a bunch of diagnostics in order to prove failure before they will send out a new GCU. the last shop told me that if I have another failure even under warranty, they will not even look at it because of the amount of time the claim and repair takes. I don't know how much is true but, I do know that it's no easy task to remove the GCU. it just seems like Honda should have a service bulletin regarding this issue or an expedited repair procedure. as it stands I'm too worried about potential non-start to use the Honda for anything more then a backup to my 2 cheap champion inverters. would the Dr.honda software help diagnose this problem? wondering if anyone out there has access to it and would know.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2018, 07:15:13 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,090 Times in 584 Posts

This has been a long standing thing when diagnosing Honda generators because of their complexity, it has always been a long series of tests to find the real source of a problem. I remember this when I worked at a Honda dealer some diagnosis were pages long to find out which part was the problem. The other thing is most companies dont pay shop rate for warranty and only allow a fraction of the time needed because they go by controlled conditions in their factory training shops. The shops I worked at were only able to get 100% of their posted labor rate paid for when I passed the optional Briggs Master Certification testing. I dont know any other company that offers that.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:21:28 PM
Registered-I

So, Iíve noticed that the original control unit for the eu7000 part number has changed and been replaced with a newer number. 34110-Z37-A32. The original was a31. Does anyone here have any information about this? I know itís a long shot but if the PN changed Iím wondering if the problems have been addressed at all. I tried to get some help from Honda but they canít say. Just hoping someone here might have seen the two versions and know what changed.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:13:22 PM
Registered-I

Just a quick shot of the back of my GCU less then a year old and quite a bit of gunk building up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9340C8BC-E39E-4065-A964-3FC74008869E.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	309972  
The Following User Says Thank You to orionpaxx For This Post: