Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Coleman Generator Model?

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 155 times

Old 09-03-2018, 10:47:32 PM
Registered

Default Coleman Generator Model?

I hope this is the correct place to post this, would hate to have my first post in the wrong category.
Anyways, I just acquired a Coleman generator from a construction outfit, and it produced no power. Turned out to be a broken wire in the avr harness, and a broken copper wire connecting the brush to its base.
However, also found was a pull type solenoid with the wires cut, which appears to pull back on the throttle when activated, but there is no indication of any other hardware and switches that should be there for engine slowdown when no power is being drawn.
Here are the vital statistics for this unit, as well as I could read them.
Coleman 5000w
Model 1955?? 01 the 2nd ? could be a 3 or 8
Serial 96632289
The closest match that I found was the Coleman Power Mate PM0605000 but its not quite the same.
Can anybody match this to a Coleman model? This could lead to information on the missing throttle back bits.
Sponsored Links