Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Price Portable Steam Engines

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3441 times

Old 04-15-2003, 09:42:58 PM
Ray Gardner

Default Price Portable Steam Engines

I am thinking of selling three portable Steam Engines, They are Marshall Britania single 8 hp,And a twin 10 hp, both working, Also a Case around 20 hp, Any Ideas on value, Thanks Ray.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2003, 05:41:13 AM
Kevin Beitz

Default Re: Price Portable Steam Engines

WOW... Would you have a boiler for sale two ???? Wood or coal fired ??? 10-15 hp ???
Old 04-16-2003, 09:18:33 AM
Norm S

Default Re: Price Portable Steam Engines

Well, I was just discussing this subject with a friend of mine this past weekend that has a portable. I was asking what a mutual friends steam engine would be worth (no boiler). His answer was "If you sell just an engine these days they are going really cheap because of the whole boiler issue and what happened with the steam engine in Ohio. If you sell an engine with a certified, approved, licensed boiler they are worth a LOT just because of the cost involved in getting the boiler certified."

I know very little about steam engine prices, so there's my friend's 2cents worth!

Norm