Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles > Antique Washing Machines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Washing Machines Old collectible washing machines as used on the farm.

Antique Washing Machines

Maytag 92 exhaust pipe and belt size

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 663 times

Old 05-14-2017, 09:55:57 PM
Registered-III

Default Maytag 92 exhaust pipe and belt size

Mounted up the Maytag 92 I have into my Maytag 80 washing machine. What length belt do I need? The old one has almost disintegrated, not sure the parts store will be able to measure it.

Also, what size is the flexible exhaust pipe supposed to be? I thought I read 1" but the ball muffler I have measures 1-1/8" ID at the inlet.

This machine has a faucet for the water drain. Someone had put friction tape around the end to try to keep water from leaking out around the knob, I would assume. Is there any way to seal the threads a bit? Or...did they just put too small of a rubber washer on it?

There is a long, broken, sprint bolted to one of the legs that appears to have probably been connected to the on/off mechanism on the left of this picture. Do you know if that spring is factory or should I remove it? Seems a bit odd to have a long gangly spring stretched clear across the machine.

Last edited by ttyR2; 05-14-2017 at 10:59:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2017, 10:56:39 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Maytag 92 exhaust pipe and belt size

The spring should be attatched from the leg to the rack that drives the agitator, the factory exhaust hose was 1 3/16 diameter and the drain should be a hose they measure 7/8 ID, modern 7/8 hose isn't as large on the OD but it works. I have pics but don't know how to get them on here.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:34:26 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Maytag 92 exhaust pipe and belt size

Does the spring attach to the cotter key loop that is on the very end of the rack?

Here is another picture of the drain faucet I'm talking about. Did this drain setup come from the factor or did someone add it?

This is my other Maytag with the common style drain hose.