Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

Rumely Oil Pull model M 20-35 Parts and Advice Wanted

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 6362 times

Old 02-24-2012, 12:29:30 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,001 Times in 280 Posts
Default Re: Rumely Oil Pull model M 20-35 parts and advice wanted

That's what one of the ones I pulled out of my W looked like too. I put new brass petcocks in when it went together. I've never needed them open for any reason, running or otherwise. The book doesn't say anything about opening them for starting, unless it's flooded. Then you're supposed to open them and roll it over 'till it fires out of them and clears the cylinders. My M, however, is a real handfull to roll over with them closed, so I open them a little. A funny side note to that. I was at a show last weekend and stopped rolling the engine over and told one fella to stand clear of the back of the engine before I continued. As a rule, whatever is sitting in the cylinder when it fires comes straight out the back through those petcocks. I didn't want him to look like the back wall in my shop!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Nessel For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01:30 AM
Registered-I

Thanks Jon, I thought that was the case. The petcocks were blanked off on mine when I got it and she wouldn't start whatever I tried, it was that tired that it hardly had any compression at all! Looking forward to hearing it run again someday soon!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:02:16 PM

Thanked 19,870 Times in 5,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Severson View Post
Here is a picture of the petcock from my recently acquired Rumely 20-30. It has left hand threads and seats off the bottom. Apparently it was built, assembled, and then the handle was formed. I don't know if this is correct for yours, but hopefully it helps.
My X has those and I hate them.
I'll probably change them to lever/spout petcocks to avoid the above mentioned messiness.......
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47:49 AM
Registered-I

Hi everyone, slowly getting through the jobs on the rumely, new cam followers made and fitted, camshaft journals reground and bushes made and fitted, govenor rebuilt and new liners machined on the outside just boring them out now, anyone know what the finished piston to bore clearance should be?? Will add some pictures soon.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40:35 AM
Registered

I have a full gear guard for the M I have reproduced