Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs Discussion about magnetos, buzz coils, spark plugs, ignitors and low tension coils.

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs

IHC LB - Wico or IHC mag more trouble-free?

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 362 times

Old 10-06-2017, 09:07:40 AM
Subscriber

Default IHC LB - Wico or IHC mag more trouble-free?

I've got a 1 1/2-2 1/2 LB I'm going to start rehabbing and I need a new magneto. It has an H-1 on it but the cap is smashed and it sat out as a lawn ornament for a number of years and is trashed. Since I need a new mag and I'm pretty sure I could find a good mag for less than the cost to restore the one I have, which model was more dependable as I'm more concerned about reliability than a 100% concours restoration.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 11:01:59 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: IHC LB - Wico or IHC mag more trouble-free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joder View Post
I've got a 1 1/2-2 1/2 LB I'm going to start rehabbing and I need a new magneto. It has an H-1 on it but the cap is smashed and it sat out as a lawn ornament for a number of years and is trashed. Since I need a new mag and I'm pretty sure I could find a good mag for less than the cost to restore the one I have, which model was more dependable as I'm more concerned about reliability than a 100% concours restoration.
I would choose the H-1 over the WICO any day. The H-1 is more robust and parts are readily available.

Kirk
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirk Taylor For This Post: