Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs Discussion about magnetos, buzz coils, spark plugs, ignitors and low tension coils.

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs

Wico EK Trip Mechanism Help

this thread has 21 replies and has been viewed 1554 times

Old 11-03-2017, 06:13:07 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Wico EK trip mechanism help

I think I got the timing right but when I adjust the arm that opens the mag it still does not close all the way when I try different springs. It seems that when it tries to close the tension from the arm spring is preventing it from closing correctly no matter what closing spring I try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Venetis View Post
I adjusted the arm that trips the mag so it trips top dead center but I want to check the cam timing but can't find the marks on the gears.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2017, 08:10:43 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Wico EK trip mechanism help

I finally got it I used a heavy spring and I made sure there was clearance between the spring so it would not hold the mag from closing properly. I noticed the timing when adjusting the rod is very touchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Venetis View Post
I think I got the timing right but when I adjust the arm that opens the mag it still does not close all the way when I try different springs. It seems that when it tries to close the tension from the arm spring is preventing it from closing correctly no matter what closing spring I try.