Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Computer, Camera and ISP Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems Solutions for accessing and using the SmokStak® boards. Posting pictures, preventing viruses and solving internet service provider problems.

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems

Photo Uploading Problems

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 785 times

Old 02-10-2018, 09:57:14 AM
Administrator

Thanked 11,722 Times in 2,030 Posts
Default Photo Uploading Problems

This Smokstak person got a brand new camera that takes high definition photos suitable for printing enlargements...
Quote:
I have tried to post my ads six times, but have not been successful. The ads act like they are uploading, but when they get to 100% it just takes me back to the step 1of3 page, Not sure whats going on and getting frustrated. I have never had this trouble in the past and am hoping you can help me.
His solution...
Quote:
I think the site has a maximum of 2mb. based on the posts I have read. My computer has also updated to windows 10 and did not have a good program installed for resizing photos. I ended up looking on YouTube and found a video which explained how to download a photo resizing program that works with my windows 10 OS. This solved my issues and I was able to post my ads with photos.
Quote:
The title of the video I watched was "image resizer tool for Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, and 10" and the url is: YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTFV0HUQv0o

by Jeffrey D Cotton Published on Mar 22, 2016 https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
This is great tool for resizing images on your PC. It is free and it can do many things. It also saves the images it resized into the same folder it came out of. It's fast, neat and efficient to say the least.
*Disclaimer* I am not Responsible for anything that happens from running any of the free programs I have found and share with you. If you run into a problem I suggest you email the manufacturer of the software and explain what has happened to you.
Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV) and there are many software programs that resize photos, one of which may have come along with your camera. If you send out emails with 10 megabyte photos, they will take extra time to send and stuff your and your correspondent's hard drive with unnecessary waste. One good idea mentioned in the video is to save your resized photos under a different file name so that you don't lose your original. If you plan to do a lot with photos, you should obtain a copy of Adobe PhotoShop Elements.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:02:22 AM
Administrator

Thanked 11,722 Times in 2,030 Posts
Default Re: Photo Uploading Problems

This might be fixed now after I was severely challenged. I guess you have to prod the old goat to get him going.

I have changed three PHP parameters so give it a try and let me know. Jeez Louise, he wasn't even a subscriber.

The photo below was 4.486 KB reduced by our server to 302 KB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	303070