Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Computer, Camera and ISP Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems Solutions for accessing and using the SmokStak® boards. Posting pictures, preventing viruses and solving internet service provider problems.

Computer, Camera and ISP Problems

Trouble posting photos

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1368 times

Old 04-28-2014, 02:49:57 AM
Registered-I

Default Trouble posting photos

G'day Guys,
I'm having trouble posting photos on the Downunder board, after I have selected the re-sized photos I press the upload button and then a message comes up saying "this webpage not available" I don't have this problem on the test board, was hoping someone with a little more computer literacy can help out.
Thanks, Neil.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 03:43:49 AM

Thanked 19,741 Times in 5,795 Posts
Default Re: Trouble posting photos

If you can successfully post photos at the test forum you can post photos anywhere on this site.
Beyond that I have no idea what's going on down there....... .......
Old 04-28-2014, 05:33:23 AM
Registered-I

Hi Craig,
Have again tried posting pictures through the reply button on Downunder board again, still with same message coming up, as you can see i have successfully posted on the test board, this is not the picture i was trying to post on the downunder board. maybe i will just try starting a new thread. Thanks, Neil.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:07:14 AM
Administrator

Thanked 11,175 Times in 1,913 Posts

Neil, there are many internals built into this system that I do not comprehend. It all comes about while fighting the dark side of the internet when people try to do things that they shouldn't. "Cross site posting" is one such mess that is to be fought off.

It all has to do with your IP number (Everybody has an IP number - it's your internet phone number) and whether you keep the same IP number throughout your Smokstak session. Some internet providers and specifically proxy servers like to rotate IP numbers. This will not work.

Try starting that new thread (with photo) and let me know if it works. Also try starting a new thread on a different board (with photo) and see how that goes. It could be something as simple as a setting on my part or inside your computer. Or, it could be a toughy that we will never solve.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cross+site+posting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp#channel=np&q=%22this+webpag e+not+available%22&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial

After looking through the above link, it could be something with web browser compatibility or a particular web browser such as Chrome.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:39:30 PM
Registered-I

G'day Harry,
After reading your attachments I decided to swap browsers from Chrome to Firefox, and magically I was able to post, weather it was that who knows, I'm not that computer literate, but it worked and that's all that matters. Thanks for all your help Harry, I'm much obliged.

PS, is there any way of being able to view the UK boards.
Thanks, Neil.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:58:12 PM

Thanked 19,741 Times in 5,795 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Trouble posting photos

^ Glad you got it sorted!....... .......
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig A For This Post: