Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Help re Delco Light

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1679 times

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58:30 PM
Registered

Default Help re Delco Light

I have had a Delco Light Model 4 B 12 in the barn for years which I was given by a military vehicle enthusiast.It has a 60 amp ammeter on it & I have only just got it running.I had to fire it up using a 12v battery although it has a pulley on it for a cord pull start-using the cord without a battery doesn't produce a spark.Can anyone tell me what I have?Its 4 stroke side valve.Rectangular tank fitted over the generator,no engine mfr visible,very crude needle valve carb.,again no mfr.,with a very long induction tube passing over the cyl. head and a screwdriver operated butterfly valve adjacent to the cyl. head. about 10" from the carb.Its missing its air filter/throttle governor.Is it WW2 & what would it be used for?Does anyone have a handbook for it so that I know what's missing.Regards,Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00:09 AM
In Memory Of

Default Re: Help re Delco Light

s2airflow;

I have what you need. Click on my name and you will get a drop down with some options. You can PM me or use the e-mail option, either way I'll get your message. I sent you an e-mail, but maybe it didn't make it across all that sea water.

I think your correct about the WW II thing. I have some literature that shows one in a remote area with some airplanes in a grove of palm trees. It's far sure WW II airplanes. The smaller "Little Joe" was used in tanks during the war.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois