Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Hello and Good morning

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 7691 times

Old 12-31-2004, 01:31:09 PM
Registered

Question Hello and Good morning

Hello! This is my first post. I have aquired two engines and need a little help aging them. One is an Edison aircooled generator. gen frame and engine block are one casting. It has approx. a 12" flywheel, exposed valve rockers and springs, and the cooling fins on the cylinder have a metal jacket over them. Any Idea how old or value? Other engine is an inboard 4 cyl. with an in and out box on the pto end. Tag on the gearbox says Kermath sea cub. Both engines have compression and are complete with the exception of the Edison which is missing the ignition. They are of stands and are set up to run, and appear to have been restored at one time. The Kermath needs a set of points and mabey a carb build and it would run.(has electric start,gen,H2O pump, etc. The Edison is in the same shape and would probably run with the addition of a coil and a carb build. If any one has any info on age or value I would appreciate an E-Mail. Thanks Randy
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2004, 01:56:49 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Hello amd Good morning

Welcome to the "Stak" Randy!! I am of no help about your engines, just wanted to welcome you to the greatest site on the web, and also to the greatest people in engine land.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:58:59 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Hello amd Good morning

Randy, bring up the smokstak main forum but scan on down a ways and you will find a forum for outboard and inboard engines etc. among the other topics listed. Good luck in a good hobby. Joe Morris