Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

Worldwide Veteran Tractor Register

this thread has 34 replies and has been viewed 39757 times

Old 07-01-2009, 07:28:06 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 3,557 Times in 696 Posts
Default Worldwide Veteran Tractor Register

Some of you may know that I’ve been maintaining a register of early tractors surviving in Europe. Well now, due to popular demand (ok, one or two people ), I’ve extended it worldwide:

http://www.steel-wheels.net/register.html

Basically I’m including all makes and models of tractor introduced before 1930, but I’ve had to exclude some of the more common ones such as the Fordson F, John Deere D (solid flywheel), Case C & L, etc. due to the number of surviving examples to keep track of.

If you’d like to add your tractor to the register, or you can add some info about a tractor already listed in there, then please me know, either here or via email (david@steel-wheels.net). Or, if you’ve recorded the details of a tractor at a show or museum, or in a magazine, then please also let me know. Hopefully, those people who are currently maintaining registers for particular makes of tractor can be persuaded to add them to the list to make it as comprehensive as possible.

To deal with the privacy side of things, I’m not including the owner’s name or exact location in the listing unless they’ve given permission to do so - just the US state or the European country for example. If you’re submitting information about your tractor, perhaps you could let me know how much detail you would like displayed.

David
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28:06 AM
Registered-III

Default Worldwide Veteran Tractor Register

Some of you may know that I’ve been maintaining a register of early tractors surviving in Europe. Well now, due to popular demand (ok, one or two people ), I’ve extended it worldwide:

http://www.steel-wheels.net/register.html

Basically I’m including all makes and models of tractor introduced before 1930, but I’ve had to exclude some of the more common ones such as the Fordson F, John Deere D (solid flywheel), Case C & L, etc. due to the number of surviving examples to keep track of.

If you’d like to add your tractor to the register, or you can add some info about a tractor already listed in there, then please me know, either here or via email (david@steel-wheels.net). Or, if you’ve recorded the details of a tractor at a show or museum, or in a magazine, then please also let me know. Hopefully, those people who are currently maintaining registers for particular makes of tractor can be persuaded to add them to the list to make it as comprehensive as possible.

To deal with the privacy side of things, I’m not including the owner’s name or exact location in the listing unless they’ve given permission to do so - just the US state or the European country for example. If you’re submitting information about your tractor, perhaps you could let me know how much detail you would like displayed.

David
Old 07-01-2009, 09:25:03 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,040 Times in 601 Posts
Default Re: Worldwide Veteran Tractor Register

Ambitious project, I hope it continues to grow. I will try to add some more details from here some time in the not to distant future.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:25:03 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,040 Times in 601 Posts

Ambitious project, I hope it continues to grow. I will try to add some more details from here some time in the not to distant future.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46:43 AM
Registered-III

Thanks very much, Randy - I've added a few tractors from the RAM that were mentioned previously on the forum, but it would be great to have a more comprehensive list.

All the best

David
Old 07-01-2009, 09:46:43 AM
Registered-III

Thanks very much, Randy - I've added a few tractors from the RAM that were mentioned previously on the forum, but it would be great to have a more comprehensive list.

All the best

David
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47:53 AM
Registered-III

Many thanks to all the people who have been in touch so far with info for the regsiter. Please keep it coming!

All the best

David
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47:53 AM
Registered-III

Many thanks to all the people who have been in touch so far with info for the regsiter. Please keep it coming!

All the best

David
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50:10 AM
Registered-III

If anyone can provide info on which US state or country the tractors from the Gary Parker sale have now moved to, that would be a great help for my online register. I would also appreciate the new owner's name and location for my own records if possible. So far, I have the following:

IHC Mogul 45 - Illinois
Rumely F - Nebraska
Hart-Parr 30-60 - Illinois
Aultman-Taylor 30-60 - Tennessee
Minneapolis 22-44 - Belgium
Galloway - Illinois
M-H No.2 - Connecticut
B-B Model L - Illinois
Kardell - Illinois
Hart-Parr 10-20C - Germany
Twin City 16-30 - Iowa
New Hart-Parr - Germany
Hart-Parr 22-40 - Germany

Many thanks

David
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50:10 AM
Registered-III

If anyone can provide info on which US state or country the tractors from the Gary Parker sale have now moved to, that would be a great help for my online register. I would also appreciate the new owner's name and location for my own records if possible. So far, I have the following:

IHC Mogul 45 - Illinois
Rumely F - Nebraska
Hart-Parr 30-60 - Illinois
Aultman-Taylor 30-60 - Tennessee
Minneapolis 22-44 - Belgium
Galloway - Illinois
M-H No.2 - Connecticut
B-B Model L - Illinois
Kardell - Illinois
Hart-Parr 10-20C - Germany
Twin City 16-30 - Iowa
New Hart-Parr - Germany
Hart-Parr 22-40 - Germany

Many thanks

David
Old 11-03-2009, 02:06:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,069 Times in 665 Posts

Hello David

As far as i know here are some more

HP 30A with open Governor(US-Tractors.uk)but soon maybe mine
HP12-24 two speed(US-Tractors.uk)hopefully also mine soon
depending if i get enough of Mr R.Holt for my Eagle

HP12-24 3Speed Gerald Gregory UK

Minneapolis 39-57 Michel Geldof+ Huber 32-45 rough Manifold.

HP 10-20B stays local

Allwork is heading to Michigan from what i have heard and also the EB three wheeler.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:06:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,069 Times in 665 Posts

Hello David

As far as i know here are some more

HP 30A with open Governor(US-Tractors.uk)but soon maybe mine
HP12-24 two speed(US-Tractors.uk)hopefully also mine soon
depending if i get enough of Mr R.Holt for my Eagle

HP12-24 3Speed Gerald Gregory UK

Minneapolis 39-57 Michel Geldof+ Huber 32-45 rough Manifold.

HP 10-20B stays local

Allwork is heading to Michigan from what i have heard and also the EB three wheeler.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:35:13 AM
Registered

Hello David. Great idea so long as the tax man doesnt get the list!!
I have a 1928 Vickers, and a 1927 Vickers here. Will sell the 27 if any interest. email stleger@dcsi.net.au for more info. Thanks, Tony, Australia.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:35:13 AM
Registered

Hello David. Great idea so long as the tax man doesnt get the list!!
I have a 1928 Vickers, and a 1927 Vickers here. Will sell the 27 if any interest. email stleger@dcsi.net.au for more info. Thanks, Tony, Australia.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:27:28 AM
Registered-II

Hi, David Parfitt.
Man, you are one ambitious soul. If it any help to you - or maybe a bit more of your spare time gone out the window - there is a gentleman posting under the name of Chriscokid over on the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owner's Club bulletin board who is doing some similar work:

http://www.acmoc.org/

and click on 'Bulletin Board' in the black line about 2/3 of the way up the page. Select 'Discussion' on the next page that opens. You will need to register to post there

Here is a link to the actual thread:

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...ls-Please-Help!

Hope this helps.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:27:28 AM
Registered-II

Hi, David Parfitt.
Man, you are one ambitious soul. If it any help to you - or maybe a bit more of your spare time gone out the window - there is a gentleman posting under the name of Chriscokid over on the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owner's Club bulletin board who is doing some similar work:

http://www.acmoc.org/

and click on 'Bulletin Board' in the black line about 2/3 of the way up the page. Select 'Discussion' on the next page that opens. You will need to register to post there

Here is a link to the actual thread:

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...ls-Please-Help!

Hope this helps.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:34:32 AM
Registered-III

Thanks Deas. I've been in touch with Erik in the past, and he has used some of my photos within his register. I really need to update my own list though with some of the new information he has gathered.

All the best

David
Old 12-19-2010, 06:34:32 AM
Registered-III

Thanks Deas. I've been in touch with Erik in the past, and he has used some of my photos within his register. I really need to update my own list though with some of the new information he has gathered.

All the best

David
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14:17 AM
Registered-II

Hi, David Parfitt.
I also have a fair collection of photos of various tractors that include the serial numbers where I could find them. Trouble is, I don't know who the owners of many of these machines are/were when and where I took the photos.

A lot of them were taken at the Best Show On Tracks at Woodland, California, in June, 2008, and quite a few more were taken at the Best Of The West show at Santa Margarita, California, in June this year. How-wevver, a pretty high percentage of the exhibitors were so proud of their machines and/or their handywork on those machines that they didn't even bother to put their names on them.

I made an effort to cover all makes and models at both shows and include serial number plates where I could find them. Since the BSOT, I have also made the effort to try to find and photograph the serial number plates of all the tractors that I photograph for the record.

I have not had time to catalogue and name all these photos and doubt I ever will but you are welcome to them if you think they may be of any use to you. All I would need would be a snail mail address to send them to you on DVD's. I have also made this same offer to Erik for his register.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14:17 AM
Registered-II

Hi, David Parfitt.
I also have a fair collection of photos of various tractors that include the serial numbers where I could find them. Trouble is, I don't know who the owners of many of these machines are/were when and where I took the photos.

A lot of them were taken at the Best Show On Tracks at Woodland, California, in June, 2008, and quite a few more were taken at the Best Of The West show at Santa Margarita, California, in June this year. How-wevver, a pretty high percentage of the exhibitors were so proud of their machines and/or their handywork on those machines that they didn't even bother to put their names on them.

I made an effort to cover all makes and models at both shows and include serial number plates where I could find them. Since the BSOT, I have also made the effort to try to find and photograph the serial number plates of all the tractors that I photograph for the record.

I have not had time to catalogue and name all these photos and doubt I ever will but you are welcome to them if you think they may be of any use to you. All I would need would be a snail mail address to send them to you on DVD's. I have also made this same offer to Erik for his register.