Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Vintage Construction Equipment > Lifting and Loading
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Lifting and Loading Pay loaders, Fork lifts, tow motors, jacks and hoists.

Lifting and Loading

Bobcat 310 problem

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 621 times

Old 06-12-2016, 11:59:04 PM
Subscriber

Default Bobcat 310 problem

I just bought a Bobcat 310 loader, mostly to do light work here on the place. It will also be helpful moving a few engines around since heavy lifting is no longer an option for me.
It had lost reverse on the right hand side, and the previous owner didn't want to fool with fixing it.
Forward and Reverse on the left are good, and Forward on the Right side stick pulls great, although when pulling the right stick back it doesn't seem to stop where it should.
I've pulled the right front clutch and am waiting for the new one to come in.
The old clutch still has all the grooves in it, and actually looks good, but one side does seem to be slicker than the other when I rub my hand across it.
On this machine the clutches are wet, and are inside the transmission box with the oil and all the chains.
Does anybody know of any more adjustment for the clutch besides the adjustment nuts on the outside of the through shaft that both front clutches ride on?
All the bearings seem good, and both right and left clutches have the same number of washers, etc. I did notice, though, that before I took the clutch assembly out, the right side linkage hung a little farther forward that the left side did with the sticks in neutral.
This is my first skid steer, so would appreciate advice from anybody that has worked on the model 310, or any other Bobcat that is set up the same.

Thanks,

TMann
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2016, 12:17:24 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bobcat 310 problem

i had a m500 with the same clutch setup, when i got it the forward on the right side did not work. The throw out bearing let go and the previous owner just kept adjusting it until it wore a quarter inch deep grove into the face of the clutch disk housing thing. I paid a little over 100 bucks for a new one from bobcat and i want to say the bearings where 10-12 bucks a piece, each clutch has two. I adjusted mine so they had about 6-8 inches of throw in the levers
Old 12-26-2016, 05:11:27 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Bobcat 310 problem

I agree sounds like a thrust has gone or maybe the connecting link yoke is broken on one side. With the other 3 working it does not seem like it would be worn out.