Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Old iron nut from NE Texas

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 380 times

Old 11-11-2016, 10:31:57 PM
Subscriber

Thumbs up Old iron nut from NE Texas

Been doing this madness for a long time, but recent user of this great forum. Old enough to vote over 21 X 3 plus a bunch, retired and retarded. Been on tractors 61 years and managed farms, taught Ag on College level, farmed lots of hogs and wheat and retired as general contractor. Also used to own an oilfield service business. I started restoring tractors, especially orphans and MMs and graduated to engines because I had some great friends and mentors who encouraged this.
I am color blind in tractors and engines as I have running engines and projects from several manufacturers--and I like them all. Better have a long winter or will not be able to get the projects in the shop door finished.
My wife says I like everything made of cast iron as besides tractors and stationary engines, I cook in Dutch Ovens all over the US with various Dutch Oven groups--we call these DOGs (Dutch Oven Gatherings). She also says that my obituary will read that the funeral will immediately follow the auction,

I am a charter member of the Lone Star Antique Tractor and Engine Assn and am going to a Syrup Festival tomorrow that the East Texas ATEA helps put on so we can smell some exhaust and oil tomorrow.
Thanks to Harry for the fellowship of the Smokstak
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bear67 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2016, 04:14:08 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,349 Posts
Default Re: Old iron nut from NE Texas

Born Texan, but never heard of Whitehouse, does GWB live there now instead of Crawford, LOL. You are in good company up there, lots more engines than you will find in cen-tex. Welcome to the stak
Old 11-13-2016, 02:06:03 PM
Registered

Hey Bear, L B M here, welcome. I have a Mpls. Moline aswell. A M-670, 4 cylinder copper belly. it is the workhorse on or little hobby farm in N. central Minn. Enjoy, I too have quite a collection of old iron. Enjoy
Old 11-13-2016, 10:06:16 PM
Subscriber

I have several UTS propane Minnies and oldest grandson spent weekend soda blasting one of mine he is getting ready to paint. I have an R, BF and BF high crop waiting on paint also. I also have a running Unitractor with picker mounted.
LBM, back when we farmed with 4 row equipment I had a 670 and it planted and worked lots of Milo and Wheat. As a kid, I ran a Unitractor with hay bailer on it and fell in love. We were running New Holland balers back then and put up thousands of bales of Bermuda hay. But there was something neat about sitting up high and looking down on that pickup on the MM.

---------- Post added at 08:06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04:08 PM ----------

Dalmationgirl, Whitehouse is between Troup and Tyler. Lots of little towns in the Great State of Texas.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:18:50 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,248 Times in 894 Posts

Glad to have you on board here. I live in Longview and have a gas up at my place in April. I may have met you before.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:38:34 AM
Subscriber

Dwayne
Pretty sure we have met--my health has kept me from shows for a few years, but I am back to being able to go and to spend time tinkering on new projects.
Will keep in in mind the April gas up--set a date yet?

I spend a lot of time in Longview as I have Daughter and Grandsons at Spring Hill. I support the Metal Shop program at Spring Hill HS and the instructor Guy Fuller is doing a really great job with these boys. I supply project materials for those students whose parents don't see the need for the experience of completing real work and producing a product
The Following User Says Thank You to bear67 For This Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 11:33:35 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,248 Times in 894 Posts

Guy Fuller is a friend, he lives pretty close. Yes he is a good teacher and has been coming to my gas up for many years. I have not set the date yet as I am involved in moving. Stay tuned to the main engine stack page as spring rolls around.