Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Photos
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Photos OLD gas engines, hot air engines, Diesels and steam engines. An electronic photo gallery to showcase the best of your old engine collection.

Antique Engine Photos

Standard Iron Works 2 HP Engine Milwaukee

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 428 times

Old 11-17-2016, 12:06:39 AM
Subscriber

Default Standard Iron Works 2 HP Engine Milwaukee

Just stumbled across this photo and brochure. I can't say for certain that the photograph is from the Standard Iron Works shop but when they show up together and relatively little other info is available, I'm guessing it's more than a coincidence. The photo has written on the back, "Pa with the mustash (sic) & Emil Hintz". The brochure pretty well speaks for itself. I was able to find an ad from January 1909 Popular Mechanics featuring an air cooled engine called the "Standard" that sure looks like the one in the photo. The engine in the brochure appears to be a "Farm-Hand" model. My Wendel book is at the shop so I haven't checked it yet. Anybody have any comments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EngShop.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	268217   Click image for larger version

Name:	EngCat1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	268218   Click image for larger version

Name:	EngCat2.jpg
Views:	63