Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin MAENLD Shielded Plug Wire

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 328 times

Old 12-17-2016, 09:28:44 PM
Registered-III

Default Wisconsin MAENLD Shielded Plug Wire

Does anyone have a manual for the Wisconsin MAENLD engines? I am in need of a new replacement plug wire and I cannot find one anywhere. I need all of the parts from the tang on the coil to the spring loaded cigarette which screws into the sparkplug. I found a lot of corrosion on the bakelite cylinder fittings. When cleaned and assembled, I had 18,700 ohms of resistance in the plug wire, which is way too much. It should be around 0.7 ohms. If anyone could scan the one or two pages which cover the radio shielded ignition system I would greatly appreciate it. If I can locate the correct part numbers I need I can probably find what I am looking for. The newer Teledyne engines use a different sized radio shielded plug wire setup which is not compatible with the magneto or sparkplug that the MAENLD engine uses.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2016, 06:54:35 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Wisconsin MAENLD Shielded Plug Wire

Hi

In the 50 plus years I have worked on Wisconsin engines I have only run across a few of the “M” engines and have never found a manual for them.

I have seen the MAENL and the MVEF but when we were a Wisconsin dealer Wisconsin could not provide a manual. We found them easy to convert to civilian use.

It is sad to see the decline in applications for these engines I saw a W4-1770 with clutch go for $20 at an auction yesterday.

Phil P
Old 12-18-2016, 01:43:56 PM
Registered-III

Perhaps a manual for a MTHD, MTJD or MBKND might help out as well? If a MAENLD manual cannot be found? I have an AHHD and an AEHD both setup with military radio shielded ignition setups. Neither have an M designation, and both are what I believe to be factory setups. I believe Wisconsin started using the M designation after 1955, however I am not 100% sure of that. The MBKND's seem most common of the bunch, but still have eluded me. I have a manual for a MVG4D, however the magneto is quite different from the Fairbanks Morse XDE1B7U my MAENLD has. I could take a chance on a plug wire for one of those, but the only one I found was $270, which is about 10x what I believe its worth.

Chris
Old 12-19-2016, 03:49:42 PM
Registered-I

check with ROCK CREEK CONSULTING,TIM STINE. I just sold him all of my manuals, had several maenld books in the pile.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:29:29 PM
Subscriber

I do not have an MAENLD manual (odd since at one time I had one of those engines). I DO have a MTHD manual which has the parts breakdown for the 2-cylinder model, and a four-cylinder manual. I will scan the 2-cylinder parts & send them.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:40:33 PM
Registered-I

gday, are still looking for a MAENLD manual? I do have a new old stock manual. the plug wire that you are looking for depends on your spec #.mil-e-11275-b used a yd-176-c wire. spec #- mil-11275-c, used a wire #- yd-300-14. let me know if you are interested in the book.